Sales and Market Development at Just Appraised
About the role
Salary: $50k – $130k USD +Equity +Benefits
This is an intermittent ongoing need as our company grows.
We're building software to help public servants in county governments save time and money by using AI to streamline processing of real estate sales. This matters because property taxes drive local government revenues and support the services that power society.
We are actively looking for a sales and market development teammate who is excited about conveying the value of our product to local government employees. Our mission is to bring the best technology to government so that they can work at the speed of Silicon Valley. We’re already active in over 40 jurisdictions nationwide and are looking for a teammate to help us scale to 100+ in the next 12 months.
This is a full-time, fully remote opportunity to join a YC-backed startup founded by Stanford grads. We’re looking for a teammate who has amazing communication skills, a passion for people and sales, a curiosity for user research, and who is unafraid of rejection. The candidate should be extremely organized, comfortable cold calling, and must be able to synthesize information quickly.
- Cold-call government employees around the country to learn about their workflows and figure out if our product can improve their current process
- Educate and develop leads through phone calls, emails, webinars, recorded demos to qualify prospective customers, set meetings and close deals
- Coordinate communication and follow-up to ensure that we can successfully scope, develop, and propose solutions and statements of work for potential customers
- Drive traffic to various events including conferences, trade shows, and webinars
- Meet or exceed established sales goals and activity metrics.
- Use a CRM to track and update sales funnel
- Contribute to and execute on sales strategy for the company
This opportunity is a good fit if you:
- Are adaptable, professional, motivated with a strong work ethic
- Like talking to people but know how to listen
- Can manage time efficiently, collaborate easily with other team members, and focus on clear goals
- Are willing to travel 4-8x year (once it is safe to do so)
What We Value
- History of consistently achieving quota – sales awards or other performance recognition is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter that can work independently, as well as in a small team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are looking for teammates who care about encouraging different points of view, engaging in healthy debate, and want to work on the hard skills of practicing inclusion on a daily basis.
Why you should join Just Appraised
Our goal is to empower local government employees with the tools, technology, and support they need so they can deliver exceptional service to their taxpayers and feel proud of the work they do for their communities. We contribute by building software to streamline local government tax assessors’ workflows using AI. Specifically, we streamline the change of ownership process for real estate and create more seamless ways for tax offices to communicate digitally with their taxpayers.
For instance, when properties get bought and sold, local governments have to process reams of paper in order to update their systems and perform the analyses necessary to update the tax roll. Our software makes this process 10x faster and much more enjoyable for employees in the tax office to complete, and creates trust and goodwill in the minds of taxpayers.