Senior Backend Engineer at Kanda
About the role
Kanda is building Klarna for tradespeople. We let tradespeople offer their clients finance options when they want work doing but can't pay the full amount upfront. Kanda recently graduated YCombinator, the accelerator program that has backed the likes of Airbnb and Coinbase. We're also backed by the co-founders of PlanGrid, a $1B construction software company.
What's the opportunity
To help sustain our growth we are looking to hire a senior backend engineer who can work with a small group of hackers to build the future of home improvement financing.
- Work in an emerging company in the fintech industry
- Be at the forefront of change in an industry left behind by technology
- work with a YC proven team
You'll be a good fit if you are
- enthusiastic and vocal about ideas
- adaptable to change - be prepared to be asked to contribute to both front-end and back-end work at times
- always looking for opportunities to grow as an engineer
- person that has strong ownership with their work output
Dev experience you need
- proficient in Python
- experience in writing RESTful API’s
- experience working in a sprint cycle
- experience writing Python unit tests
- are used to the code review process
Working at Kanda, you will
- develop production-ready applications in a fast pace
- discuss with a team of enthusiastic engineers who are open to use new and existing technologies
- develop frontend applications that will interface with backend services
Day-to-day life at Kanda
Kanda is fully remote. We have daily team calls and weekly virtual meetups too. Expect normal UK working hours +/- 3hrs but with full flexibility around time off.
A little about our hours and benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- Full-time position, 40 hours a week, with normal UK working hours 9-5pm (+/- 3 hours)
- Generous options in a YC backed start-up
Why you should join Kanda
Kanda is building Affirm for general contractors. We allow builders to offer their clients financing options when they want work done but can't pay the full price upfront.