Sales Development Representative at Karat
About the role
We're building a bank for digital creators.
Banks don't understand creators today. Our cardholders create content for an audience of millions as a full time career but receive poor service from banks, wasting them both time and money. We're building a bank for digital creators across all social platforms like Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and TikTok, providing them with higher limits and better rewards as their followings grow. We're looking for a hungry and ambitious SDR to help us!
- Huge opportunity. Over the past decade, we've seen the democratization of content creation and user-generated content, in part due to social platforms like Instagram and TikTok. Creators have built deeply engaged communities that support their work in a way we've never seen before. As they grow as a business, they need better banking tools and financial products.
- Fascinating problems. Where else do you get to discuss the most recent YouTube trends and the right way to market a financial product in the same day? Financial tools are complicated and creators need a simple experience. Help us bridge the two worlds!
- The right team. Our team has worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG) and social networks (Instagram, Youtube). We started this company because we want to leverage our experiences to help creators - and hope you do too!
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We're well capitalized with our most recent $26M series A funding from world-class investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, SignalFire, Y Combinator, CRV, Coatue and more. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join us - you'll learn a lot, build and execute experiments, and grow as our company scales!
What You'll Do
- Create, manage, and optimize new creator opportunities through cold outreach campaigns across different platforms
- Research accounts to understand the need, enable effective follow-up and generate interest
- Coordinate different experiments to grow and maintain top of funnel lead generation
- Maintain accurate client relationship data within CRM/sales tools (ie. Salesforce) to help us collect better data and improve practices
- Consistently achieve monthly quota of qualified opportunities
What You'll Need
- Minimum 1 year of customer-facing and direct sales/outbound experience
- A self-starter attitude — high sense of urgency and the ability to work within undefined processes
- A love of solving difficult problems with a team of smart peers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to tracking and improving performance and efficiency on a daily basis
- High level of comfort with sales, prospecting and marketing tools & processes (preferably Salesforce and Outreach.io)
- You're user focused — you love talking to users, learning their pain points, and brainstorming how best to solve their problems
- Bonus: you're knowledgeable and have previously worked in fintech or with influencers.
Even if you don't necessarily meet all of these qualifications, please reach out! We're always on the search for great talent and would love to get to know you!
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible and remote work culture
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
This is a full-time contracted role. We're based in SF and LA, but we're remote-friendly!
Why you should join Karat
We're Karat. We're building the black card for creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Twitch streamers).
Banks don't understand creators today and are ill-equipped to serve this demographic. You could have millions of fans, make six or seven digit figures, and still be unable to access typical financial products from your average bank.
Our team comes from Instagram and Goldman Sachs and we understand these creators are businesses with real income streams along with predictive metrics like fan base, growth, and engagement.
We're backed by investors like YC, Coatue, CRV, Signalfire, and the cofounder of Twitch, and are hiring folks interested in building products at the intersection of fintech and media.