Product Manager at Karat
About the role
We're building a bank for digital creators.
Banks don't understand creators today. Our customers create content for millions as a full time career but receive poor service and terrible rates from banks, wasting them both time and money. We're building a bank for digital content creators across Instagram, YouTube, Twitch and TikTok, providing them with better rates and savings as their followings grow. We're looking for hungry and ambitious engineers to help us!
- Huge opportunity. Over the past decade, we've seen the democratization of content creation and user-generated content, in part due to platforms such as Instagram and TikTok. Creators have built deeply engaged communities that support their work in a way we've never seen before. As they grow as a business, they need better banking tools and financial products.
- Fascinating problems. Where else do you get to discuss the most recent TikTok trends and the right way to build a financial product in the same day? Financial tools are complicated and creators need a simple experience. Help us bridge the two worlds!
- The right team. Our team has worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG) and social networks (Instagram). We started this company because we want to leverage our experiences to help creators - and hope you do too!
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We're well capitalized with our Series A from top investors like Union Square Ventures and CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, CAA and more, in addition to our $4.6M seed funding from world-class investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, SignalFire, Y Combinator, CRV and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join us - you'll learn a lot, build cool products, and grow as our company scales!
You'd be a great match if:
- You're an experienced PM with 5+ years of experience in the industry.
- You're knowledgeable about or have previously worked in fintech or with influencers.
- You enjoy grappling with ambiguity and love solving difficult problems with a team of smart peers.
- You're a strategic thinker that can bring rigor and thoughtfulness to crafting our product roadmap.
- You're user focused—you love talking to users, learning their pain points, and brainstorming how best to solve their problems.
- You're comfortable working with engineers, designers, biz dev folks- you can understand each function's respective needs and communicate well with them.
Life as a PM at Karat:
- You'll build brand new products - conceptualizing, designing, and brainstorming- solving problems that span multiple domains. For example, building a decoupled debit card from scratch, analytics tools to help influencers understand their finances, savings accounts.
- You'll refine current product - thinking through how to design the best corporate card for creators. For example, improving our current card onboarding flow.
- You'll develop our internal tooling - helping ensure that our team has the tools we need to properly support and underwrite the creators we work with.
- You'll help drive company and product strategy as we change how creators & influencers do business
- Competitive compensation and equity.
- Health insurance.
- Flexible and remote work culture.
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators.
This is a full-time role. We're based in SF and LA, but we're remote-friendly!
Why you should join Karat
We're Karat. We're building the black card for creators (YouTubers, Instagrammers, Twitch streamers).
Banks don't understand creators today and are ill-equipped to serve this demographic. You could have millions of fans, make six or seven digit figures, and still be unable to access typical financial products from your average bank.
Our team comes from Instagram and Goldman Sachs and we understand these creators are businesses with real income streams along with predictive metrics like fan base, growth, and engagement.
We're backed by investors like YC, Coatue, CRV, Signalfire, and the cofounder of Twitch, and are hiring folks interested in building products at the intersection of fintech and media.