Full Stack Engineer
About the role
Keeper Tax is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup that has a multi-year runway, $1.5M ARR, and a massive market opportunity.
We build software to automate bookkeeping and tax filing for freelancers. There are 60M people in the US who receive 1099 income (dog walkers, handymen, online sellers). Our software connects to users' bank accounts, ingests bank statements, and automatically finds write-offs. On average, users find $6,000 in tax deductions per year using our software.
You will be the fourth engineer, working alongside a passionate, mission-driven team. We raised $15M from top tier investors, including Y Combinator, Headline, Matrix, and Foundation.
What you'll be doing
- Customizing our expense review experience for specialized job types
- Replacing our text-based chat system with a rich, interactive, in-app chat system
- Extending our tax filing system to cover specialized tax situations
- Mobile app: React Native, Redux
- Backend: Express, MySQL
- Data processing: Python, Tensorflow
- You ship early and often
- You want to ship beautiful user experiences
- You care about your code
- You want autonomy (you will choose your own work and be responsible for maximizing your own impact)
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Health / dental / vision
- Company credit card to buy what you need (lunch, monitors, standing desk, etc)
- Take home
- Interviews with the founders
- Reference checks
Why you should join Keeper Tax
With the rise of gig platforms and the creator economy, more young people are finding themselves getting paid as if they were business owners rather than employees. Keeper Tax is helping this new generation take advantage of business tax deductions. On average, our customers discover extra write-offs worth $6,076 per year!