Senior Full Stack Engineer
About the role
Keeper Tax is a YC-backed, four person team that has a multi-year runway, $1.5M ARR, and a massive market.
We build software to automate bookkeeping and tax filing for freelancers. There are 60M people in the US who receive 1099 income (dog walkers, handymen, online sellers). Our software connects to users' bank accounts, ingests bank statements, and automatically finds write-offs. On average, users find $6,000 in tax deductions per year using our software.
You will be the fifth team member, working alongside a passionate, mission-driven team to help busy freelancers save time and money. We've raised a $13M Series A from top investors, including Y Combinator, Matrix, Foundation, and e.ventures, so we have ample runway to execute on our mission.
What you'll be doing
- Customizing our expense review experience for specialized job types
- Replacing our text-based chat system with a rich, interactive, in-app chat system
- Extending our tax filing system to cover specialized tax situations
- Mobile app: React Native, Redux
- Backend: Express, MySQL
- Data processing: Python, Tensorflow
- You ship early and often ("move fast and break things")
- You want to ship beautiful user experiences
- You care about your code
- You want autonomy (you will choose your own work and be responsible for maximizing your own impact)
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Health / dental / vision
- Company credit card to buy what you need (lunch, monitors, standing desk, etc)
- Email exercise
- React exercise
- Take home
- Data and product interviews
- Reference checks + followup call
Why you should join Keeper Tax
With the rise of gig platforms and the creator economy, more young people are finding themselves getting paid as if they were business owners rather than employees. Keeper Tax is helping this new generation take advantage of business tax deductions. On average, our customers discover extra write-offs worth $6,076 per year!