Keeper Tax automatically finds write-offs for freelancers, saving them thousands of dollars in taxes per year. We're hiring a software engineer to own one of our key business-critical systems, the Python service that runs our ML models, cleans transactions, and predicts write-off status.
Why Keeper Tax?
- We save users an average of $1,200 per year on their tax bill.
- We're going after a large and growing market (60M freelancers in the US, including Uber drivers, Instacart shoppers, and Wag walkers)
- Users love our product (4.7 stars and 5,000 reviews in the App Store)
- You'll collaborate with data scientists to solve customer problems (cleaning transactions, generating personalized rules for users, and mapping transactions to Schedule C categories).
- You'll go deep on understanding the problems data scientists are facing, find ways to generalize product specifics, and build tools that enable them to build and manage their own ETL.
- This is a creative role. You'll have autonomy to create and execute your own roadmap.
- You have experience shipping Python code to production, including both APIs and background jobs
- Experience with ML deployment is nice to have, but isn't required
- You live in SF or are willing to relocate. We are an early stage startup (20 people), and at this time we are looking for people who want to work in person with us. We have a flexible WFH policy (WFH 3x per week).
- You don't require visa sponsorship.
- Our tech stack is Python, Flask, MySQL, Redis, Celery, and Kubernetes.
- On the data side, we use Pandas, Tensorflow, Spacy, and GPT-3.