Founding Engineer at Keeper
About the role
- Work directly with the CEO and CTO to implement and maintain quality software using modern front-end and back-end technologies
- Participate in the technical design, planning, implementation and testing for releases
- Anticipate business needs and propose efficient technology solutions to requirements
- Provide estimates to the rest of the team
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience architecting and developing web applications with React/Redux
- 2+ year of demonstrable experience architecting and developing REST APIs with Express and integrating front-end UI with the constructed API
- Demonstrable experience with FE tooling including: Webpack, Yarn/Yarn workspaces, and Lerna
- Demonstrable experience writing type-safe code with TypeScript
- Strong ES6 skills Experience with SQL databases Experience with TypeORM is a plus
- Front-end: React + Redux (Typescript)
- Back-end: Node.js + Express (Typescript), TypeORM, Postgres
- Competitive pay and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
Keeper provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Why you should join Keeper
Do you want to be part of a startup that will define the next generation of bookkeeping software and help America’s 30 million small businesses?
Keeper makes software to help bookkeepers streamline their work and deliver reports to help clients understand their businesses.
We already have hundreds of happy customers who manage the books for thousands of small businesses all across the US.
We give them tools for financial reporting, transaction analytics, KPI tracking and more – processes that currently require lots of manual work in spreadsheets.
Keeper is backed by leading tech investors like Y Combinator, and executives at billion-dollar startups – including the CEO of Lattice, the CEO of Front, and the CTO of Plaid.