Operations Associate at Kingdom Supercultures
About the role
Kingdom Supercultures is transforming microbial cultures into a new class of natural technology for CPG manufacturers. We’re building a state-of-the-art platform to aggregate, characterize, and assemble natural microbes into new combinations (“Supercultures”), which are used by our customers to make plant-based cheeses with authentic dairy tastes, lower-alcohol wines with full flavor, personal care products with natural functional ingredients, and much more.
We’re in active R&D projects with some of the largest CPG manufacturers in food, beverage, and personal care. Our natural cultures are replacing artificial ingredients and unlocking entirely new innovative applications. We’re backed by top venture capital investors, including Y-Combinator, Shine Capital, and Sequoia, and have raised over $30M in Seed and Series A funding.
Kingdom Supercultures is looking for an Operations Associate to manage and run operations across our fast-growing organization, including recruiting, facility planning and operations, customer operations, and culture initiatives. We envision this role as a launching pad for career growth: you will build an execution toolkit, organizational skills, business judgement and analysis skills, and knowledge of business concepts, technological tools, and our scientific and laboratory processes. You will advance work that matters, develop your skills, and build relationships with a great team of scientists, business people, and entrepreneurs.
This is a full-time, in-person role at our state-of-the-art headquarters and lab in Brooklyn, NY. You will be an early member of a fast-growing startup and build the core business and operational processes that enable all aspects of our business today and help us scale. In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Set up, run, and automate a wide range of business processes for core operational tasks, such as customer interactions, manufacturing and order fulfillment, HR, and facilities
- Own and execute high priority projects, such as adding specialized manufacturing capabilities, that will directly drive business value and the next stage of our growth
- Plan for and execute upgrades to our headquarters and lab space, including designing and implementing automation technologies and improving the performance of our core operations
- Identify requirements for our new facility and manage that project, including budgeting, designing key components (working with subject matter experts), and tracking progress
Recruiting Outreach and Operations
- Work closely with founders and senior scientific/business teams to overhaul our recruiting strategy and processes
- Create and implement a highly-efficient recruiting process
- Develop proactive candidate sourcing strategies
- Organize and deliver a top-notch candidate experience from application to offer
- Develop and run special initiatives that support a great team culture and ways of working, such as how we make decisions, contribute to shared priorities, and share information
- Design and implement team member benefit programs and training
- Assist on one-off projects or special events as needed
Well-honed organization skills and ability to track information and deadlines
Strong analytical skills, with the ability to use data to support decisions
Quick execution and simultaneous management of multiple tasks
Clear, concise written and verbal communication
You take ownership of your work and proactively look to improve it
You work well with others and are energized by a fast-paced environment
You have a strong work ethic, value getting the details right, and strive to achieve your goals
You are excited to learn and grow
Practical experience, including:
2+ years experience in consulting, financial analysis, project management; or startup-related work experience
Working on a fast-paced team where you contributed meaningfully to end outputs
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
Other qualifications and interests (preferred but not required):
Experience or demonstrated interest in food & ag tech or biology/sciences
Experience or demonstrated interest in startups
Strong performance during your Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree
Feel free to apply through WaaS or through our website!
Why you should join Kingdom Supercultures
Kingdom Supercultures makes it easy for food manufacturers to create exciting new products. We design new microbial cultures ("Supercultures") that power the production of entirely new kinds of foods that don't exist today.
Many of the most popular foods we eat are made by microbial cultures - chocolate, cheese, kombucha, beer, yogurt, and more. Our team is building an expansive scientific platform that will transform the process of new food invention from the hundreds of years it took our ancestors for each new food into a repeatable engineering endeavor that we can accomplish in the span of months. Our ultimate goal is to harness the power of biology to make our food system more natural, healthy, and sustainable.