Frontend Engineer at Kinside
About the role
Working parents deserve access to high quality child care. We're looking for some energetic minds to help make that happen.
What we do
Kinside tackles the single most challenging part of being a working parent in the modern world: child care. We’re guided by the principle that all families and kids deserve access to high quality care.
We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, and founded by successful entrepreneurs and experienced operators. If you enjoy working in a lean and fast moving environment with a mix of flexible working hours and a high standard of excellence, this is right for you.
Our app connects families to child care providers (ie. daycares and preschools). Offered as an employee benefit, working parents use Kinside to find available openings, set tours and enroll and pay their tuition. For child care providers, Kinside boosts their enrollments and expedites payments. Providers rely on us to connect them to parents from top employers across the USA.
What you’ll do
Your main responsibilities will include designing, building and maintaining the industry-leading Kinside child care management tool along with a great international team of passionate engineers and experts in the domain. You care about building world-class frontends, which combine usability, accessibility, elegance, performance, and maintainability. You will also work closely with our CTO and co-founders on a daily basis in co-creating development strategies and solutions.
Our toughest challenges
Growth mindset – balancing core value focus and lean experimentation to maintain great user experience while continuing to move quickly and iterate on learnings.
Simplicity - organizing the complex search for child care into a singular elegant relevant experience that involves many systems and stakeholders: marketplace dynamics, partner integrations, payments platform, company benefits, working parents, child care providers.
Vancouver, Canada preferred. Open to remote in North America.
The following describes you
- Thrive in collaboration with other developers and designers — in fact, maybe you’d be a designer in another life
- Love understanding the people you're building for and what motivates them
- Pride yourself on striking the right balance between getting something done quickly, and getting it done right
- Have built scalable responsive web clients (preferably in Vue.js)
- Are not afraid to look at Ruby on Rails code (where our RESTful APIs live)
- Know your way around Storybook and Cypress, and value maintaining a design system
- Believe accessibility is not just a nice-to-have
- Have come to terms with Webpack, but ready for the next thing
- Are kept up at night by a bad Lighthouse score
- Consider yourself a great communicator (in English)
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Extended health & parental leave
- As part of the early team, you will have major influence and input into our product strategy and direction
Why you should join Kinside
Kinside is building a platform that tackles the single most challenging part of being a working parent in the modern world: child care. We’re guided by the principle that all families and kids deserve access to high quality care. We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, and founded by successful entrepreneurs and experienced operators.
If you enjoy working in a lean and fast-paced environment with a mix of flexible working hours and a high standard of excellence, this is right for you.