Senior Full Stack Engineer
About the role
We're looking for someone to ready to lead the dashboard and API development for a profitable, growing company that teaches tens of millions of kids to code. You'll work directly with top-tier educators from Harvard, Microsoft, Teach For America, and more to build a product that teaches computer science to kids while actually being fun! The best part: this is a hands-on role. Less meetings, more coding! Sound exciting? Read on...
What you’ll do:
Who we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years web development experience in a production environment
- You care deeply about programming education
- You have contributed significantly to the release of a production-level application (preferably not a side-project, something with actual users)
- You have experience with REST APIs from both client and server sides
- You have experience writing performant SQL queries and managing a high-traffic database (preferably PostgreSQL)
Highly Preferable if:
- You have experience with Ruby
- You have experience working with a front-end framework in a production environment (AngularJS, React, Vue, etc)
- You have experience with Test-Driven Development
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Sinatra, Sequel, or ActiveRecord
- Experience with Sinatra, Sequel, Grape, or ActiveRecord
- Experience with background jobs and asynchronous architecture (Sidekiq even better!)
- You've worked with AWS Lambda and background jobs
- Game Development experience
Why you should join Kodable
Kodable was founded to fill a gap in education currently affecting over 250 million kids around the world. Our mission is to help prepare kids for success in the 21st century by making programming education accessible to everyone.
Kodable is already used in over 50% of US schools, and in over 190 countries. Help us continue our mission and expose millions more kids to the wonderful world of computer science!