Corporate card & spend management platform for Indian startups
As a Software Engineer, you take ownership of projects, learn, and work collaboratively with your colleagues. You constantly design, test, evolve and evaluate the nuts and bolts of our operation while offering a creative and analytical approach.
The high-quality code that stems from your fingertips is robust, readable and understandable. Your pragmatic test coverage allows you to confidently and responsibly practise continuous refactoring.
As a backend specialist, you’re passionate about building scalable, resilient and secure systems. You’re at home writing platforms and you display an intricate understanding of how each line of code fits into a business plan.
• Design, build and evolve our backend systems to support customer-facing and internal features, while incorporating best practices for security, testability, observability, and analytics.
• Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues to deliver a compelling user experience.
• Contribute to tools, workflows, and culture to ship code from your laptop/workstation to production frequently and confidently.
• Practise Behaviour Driven Development to collaborate and Test Driven Development to ensure high code quality.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables as part of a self-organizing team.
• Learn and unlearn every day by exchanging knowledge and new insights, conducting constructive code reviews, and participating in retrospectives.
• At least 5 years of professional software development experience.
• 3+ years building scalable systems on Node.js.
• 3+ years building highly performant applications involving mission-critical database transactions against a relational database system.
• Proven ability to write clean and SOLID code using Typescript or ES2019+, applying appropriate object-oriented and functional programming design patterns.
• Well-versed with writing DAMP automated tests that are readable and robust.
• Excellent communication skills, spoken as well as written, with a demonstrated ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all stakeholders.
• Experience with these technologies: ◦ PostgreSQL. ◦ The AWS ecosystem. ◦ GraphQL services. ◦ Gherkin syntax and Cucumber for behaviour specifications ◦ JVM-based strongly-typed languages like Kotlin, Scala, Groovy, or Java. ◦ Tools to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines ◦ Serverless infrastructure.
• Experience architecting cloud-native systems and managing their production deployments.
• Experience with any of these architecture patterns: ◦ Domain Driven Design. ◦ Clean Architecture, Hexagonal Architecture, Onion Architecture. ◦ Event Sourcing and CQRS. ◦ Different Event Driven Architecture patterns
• Ability to contribute in other parts of the stack - frontend, devops, test-automation, etc
• Experience in financial services or fintech.
• Experience working in product startups.
Kodo is a corporate card for startups and new economy businesses in India.
Our mission is to empower businesses to scale new heights by using our products. Our first product is a corporate card with an integrated expense management tool.
We believe that repetitive financial tasks should be automated so that founders can focus on building their business and doing what they love. Our products use the best of technology and the financial ecosystem to take over the boring financial tasks that suck up a founder's time.