Perception Engineer at Koko
About the role
Koko (www.meetkoko.com) is looking for strong candidates with experience in sensor perception to design and implement cutting edge software algorithms to make sense of the world inside people’s homes.
The Perception Engineer supports the entire perception SW pipeline and machine learning algorithms development and works deeply with the rest of the team to make a device that learns and adapts to its surroundings and generates a precise, consistent representation of the environment and the users interaction within the space.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop innovative algorithms and software for the perception engine, from raw 3D point cloud to user actions classification and statistical models for user intention inference.
- Develop machine learning algorithms that understand the space with both supervised and unsupervised learning frameworks.
- Having a direct exposure to real world data from our growing install base, and the satisfaction of seeing how your work immediately makes a real positive impact on users’ lives.
- Interacting with the broader perception team and actively participating in discussions and brainstorming.
- Experience with processing sensors that provide 3D and depth - Radar, Lidar or IR.
- Experience with implementation and training of classification and clustering machine learning models.
- Strong C++ software development and optimization experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field (MSc/PhD preferred).
Preferred to have:
- Experience with human sensing: Vital signs, Human actions, Skeletal models.
- Knowledge in radar signal processing: Range/Doppler/Angle estimation, Multipath modeling, Radar interference.
- Experience in developing and evaluating real time implementation of machine learning models.
- Using advanced radio frequencies and machine learning techniques, Koko is building a wearable free home context system for use in improving the health of older adults.
- At Koko (formerly Totemic) we are a small team of 25 working on a mission to enable every older adult to thrive in their own home for their entire life. Our first product uses wireless signals and machine learning to passively monitor and improve well-being at home, without the use of wearables.
- We are backed by Lightspeed, Khosla Ventures, YC, and Marc Benioff.
Why you should join Koko
At Koko (formerly Totemic) we are a small team of 25 working on a mission to enable every older adult to thrive in their own home for their entire life. Our first product uses wireless signals and machine learning to passively monitor and improve well-being at home, without the use of wearables.
We are backed by Lightspeed, Khosla Ventures, YC, and Marc Benioff.