Full-Stack Software Engineer
About the role
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our Koko engineering team who is excited about working on topics in the IoT, AI, and Digital Assistance space, interacting with our Koko hardware-technology. We'd like you to be curious and love the challenge of solving problems. You will be part of a core group that plays a direct role in determining company direction and ultimately the success of the product.
The initial focus of the role is the development of technology for our backend systems and Linux-based device with the possibility to extend to other parts of our tech stack.
- Work on a cutting-edge IoT system that will transform people's lives
- Take a major role in building the backend and embedded-software powering our sensor and data-driven connected devices
- Bring state-of-the-art Digital Assistant technology to users
- Work with a high performing team of passionate engineers
What you’ll need
- Strong experience developing server-side systems using Linux, Docker and/or Kubernetes environments
- Well-versed in Java and SQL, Python is a plus
- Development experience in C/C++, preferably for Linux or IoT devices
- Experience writing production ready code
- Beneficial: Experience in working with embedded devices such as Google Coral, Jetson Nano, or Raspberry Pi
- Excellence at communicating ideas and collaborating in oral and written form with the team
- 3+ years of work experience
Why you should join Koko
At Koko (formerly Totemic) we are a small team of 25 working on a mission to enable every older adult to thrive in their own home for their entire life. Our first product uses wireless signals and machine learning to passively monitor and improve well-being at home, without the use of wearables.
We are backed by Lightspeed, Khosla Ventures, YC, and Marc Benioff.