Customer Experience Manager
About the role
LayerCI supercharges code reviews by spinning up full-stack preview environments in seconds. We're excited to bring on a customer experience teammate that would like to join our rocket ship towards Series A.
Layer DevOps Inc (LayerCI.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed Toronto-based company that helps software development teams scale technology with their cloud-based platform. Our experienced team has been featured as Top 30 under 30 in Enterprise Technology and are backed by Peter Thiel's Thiel Fellowship, Y Combinator, FundersClub, and other silicon valley investors.
As a Customer Experience Manager at LayerCI, you will be reporting to the CEO and have the opportunity to drive initiatives to maintain strong relationships with our customers as we accelerate in growth.
Growth Projects (50%):
- Creating content: writing blog content to help increase top of funnel visibility through layerci.com/blog; collaborating with the CEO and engineering team to write technical articles.
- Partnerships: finding suitable partners for 1) thought leadership, to speak in LayerCI webinars/panel events and 2) technical integrations, to provide additional value to our users.
- Tool stack: Ahrefs, Ghost, Topic
Day-to-Day Customer Support (50%):
- Email support: answer emails sent to support within the work day.
- Slack support: addressing Slack messages regarding billing inquiries and act as the first line of defence against technical inquiries.
- User administration: checking for user runs every hour, documenting and reporting issues.
- Assistance with documentation: working with the engineering team to make documentation easy to understand and navigate (Layerci.com/docs).
- Tool stack: Internal dashboards, Hubspot CRM, Google sheets, documentation (hosted on GitHub, in markdown), Slack, GitHub Issues.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is highly organized and a fast learner—no experience in tech necessary, new grads are encouraged to apply!
- Takes initiative when they see a problem that can be fixed.
- Has excellent writing and communication skills in English. More than one language is a plus!
- Is authorized to work in Canada—please mention your visa status when you apply (if applicable).
What is it like to work at LayerCI?
- Bi-weekly game nights with awesome teammates
- Wednesday team lunches
- Fast-paced environment with many learning opportunities
- Virtual office
- Employee benefits and stipends
- For our values: https://layerci.com/careers
The interview process
- Submit your resume to careers(at)layerci.com and mention that you're authorized to work in Canada
- Once we've reviewed your application, you'll be invited to up to 2 interviews with our team
Why you should join LayerCI
- Modern teams often need to spin up fully-provisioned VMs running a copy of their database and backend for every branch.
- For example, it's super useful to be able to run E2E tests or manual QA against the full stack with a pre-seeded database that has some initial data in it.
- We provide an OS-level cache automatically so that the repetitive steps (download libraries, start backend microservices, load database dumps) can be reused across runs in seconds instead of minutes.
- An equivalent solution using a production hosting provider like AWS is significantly slower and much more difficult to set up.