Recruitment Lead at Legalist
About the role
Founded by Christian Haigh & Eva Shang in 2016, Legalist sits at the forefront of AI-enabled legal-asset finance. Backed by YCombinator, Refactor Capital & other Silicon Valley investors, we utilize cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to invest in litigation-related situations. We use public court records and statistical analysis to invest in impending lawsuits by providing capital to lawyers & plaintiffs who need it most. Legalist currently manages over $200M across multiple legal asset strategies.
As Legalist continues to grow, we are looking for talented innovators to further build out our product, engineering, & investment teams. Start a conversation with us & join us in the journey of driving the future of legal assets.
We are now looking to add Recruitment Lead to our growing operations team. You'll work closely with our executive team as well as our operations team. The ideal candidate is a team leader who is able to make effective decisions quickly. Ultimately, he/she will manage our recruitment to ensure we hire qualified employees to meet our company’s current and future needs.
- Proposes process improvement recommendations, including additional job aids, updating resource information, and suggestions for additional training.
- Collaborate and motivate cross-functional teams to meet deadlines. You’ll have the opportunity to share your valuable recommendations to impact the team significantly.
- Supervise the recruiting team and report on its performance
- Stay up-to-date on labor legislation and inform recruiters and managers about changes in regulations
- Support strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse experienced management, professional, entry-level, and utilizing an applicant tracking system.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years prior operations & recruiting experience
- Proficiency with Google suite applications and other project management tools
- High attention to detail and good prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to work with staff with diverse backgrounds and perspectives on the use of technology in a variety of learning capacities.
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision
- Annual Company Retreat
- Twelve paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
Why you should join Legalist
We are on a mission to change the way that legal disputes are resolved by financing attorneys and plaintiffs who can't afford the high costs of litigation, leveling the playing field, and moving the legal system to more equitable outcomes. We fund lawsuits, and we want to see plaintiffs with meritorious lawsuits get justice. We're a team of engineers, lawyers, finance gurus, and data scientists who make real-time investment decisions in a fast-paced environment.