Investment Analyst Internship at Legalist
About the role
Founded by Christian Haigh & Eva Shang in 2016, Legalist sits at the forefront of AI-enabled legal-asset finance. Backed by YCombinator, Refactor Capital & other Silicon Valley investors, we utilize cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to invest in litigation-related situations. We use public court records and statistical analysis to invest in impending lawsuits by providing capital to lawyers & plaintiffs who need it most. Legalist currently manages over $200M across multiple legal asset strategies.
As Legalist continues to grow, we are looking for talented innovators to further build out our product, engineering, & investment teams. Start a conversation with us & join us in the journey of driving the future of legal assets.
We're establishing an Internship program to help Legalist find investment leads. You’ll be joining a growing team of engineers, lawyers, and data scientists to make real-time decisions in a fast-paced environment. If you're a recent college graduate or young professional interested in building the future of finance, Legalist might be for you.
- Follow directions and collaboratively work with the Investment Managers to acquire, collaborate & pursue litigation funding leads.
- Learn the different investment strategies including Post-Judgment, Litigation-Financing, Mass-torts, DIP, etc.
- Utilize the technology provided to generate investment leads
- Organization to provide a detailed schedule of productivity every week
- Bi-Weekly check-ins with designated Investment Managers
- In pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Political Science, History or related field desirable or equivalent (ideally enrolled for four or more semesters)
- Adapts quickly and positively to changing situations as circumstances develop within the organization
- Able to communicate information to a variety of audiences and transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
- Work experience at a top-tier startup with over $220 million in assets under management
- Monthly stipend plus incentive-based pay-structure
- Legal Investment experience transferable to a career in law or banking
Why you should join Legalist
We are on a mission to change the way that legal disputes are resolved by financing attorneys and plaintiffs who can't afford the high costs of litigation, leveling the playing field, and moving the legal system to more equitable outcomes. We fund lawsuits, and we want to see plaintiffs with meritorious lawsuits get justice. We're a team of engineers, lawyers, finance gurus, and data scientists who make real-time investment decisions in a fast-paced environment.