Paralegal at Legalist
About the role
Founded by Christian Haigh & Eva Shang in 2016, Legalist sits at the forefront of AI-enabled legal-asset finance. Backed by YCombinator, Refactor Capital & other Silicon Valley investors, we utilize cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to invest in litigation-related situations. We use public court records and statistical analysis to invest in impending lawsuits by providing capital to lawyers & plaintiffs who need it most. Legalist currently manages over $200M across multiple legal asset strategies.
As Legalist continues to grow, we are looking for talented innovators to further build out our product, engineering, & investment teams. Start a conversation with us & join us in the journey of driving the future of legal assets.
We are looking for a Paralegal to assist our underwriting team with legal research. You will directly contribute your time, energy, and creativity to supporting a team at the leading edge of the legal field. If you’re looking for challenging experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative and fast-growth culture, we invite you to explore this opportunity available at Legalist.
- Review legal documents to support our growing Litigation Investment Counsel team.
- Conduct desk research, including background and analogous research
- Organize, index, and track files
- Other support tasks as they arise
- Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, History, Law or related field desirable or equivalent experience from a top-tier institution.
- 5+ years of experience as a Paralegal AmLaw 200 firm and/or comparable boutique firms
- 5+ years experience working with legal research tools (LexisNexis, Westlaw)
- Adapts quickly and positively to changing situations as circumstances develop within the organization
- Able to communicate information to a variety of audiences and transfer knowledge and expertise to team members
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision
- Annual Company Retreat
- Twelve paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
Why you should join Legalist
We are on a mission to change the way that legal disputes are resolved by financing attorneys and plaintiffs who can't afford the high costs of litigation, leveling the playing field, and moving the legal system to more equitable outcomes. We fund lawsuits, and we want to see plaintiffs with meritorious lawsuits get justice. We're a team of engineers, lawyers, finance gurus, and data scientists who make real-time investment decisions in a fast-paced environment.