Transactional Team Lead at Legalist
About the role
Founded by Christian Haigh & Eva Shang in 2016, Legalist sits at the forefront of AI-enabled legal-asset finance. Backed by YCombinator, Refactor Capital & other Silicon Valley investors, we utilize cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to invest in litigation-related situations. We use public court records and statistical analysis to invest in impending lawsuits by providing capital to lawyers & plaintiffs who need it most. Legalist currently manages over $200M across multiple legal asset strategies.
As Legalist continues to grow, we are looking for talented innovators to further build out our product, engineering, & investment teams. Start a conversation with us & join us in the journey of driving the future of legal assets.
We are looking for a Transactional Team Lead (LFA Side) to lead our growing, kick-ass team of experts. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the entire litigation financing agreement process. You should be a strategic thinker and demonstrate proficiency in developing transaction plans.
- Developing and implementing transaction deals.
- Overseeing every LFA that we currently handle & negotiate.
- Ability to multitask and handle many deals simultaneously.
- Evaluating dates, agreement options, and preparing strategic direction for better practices.
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and third parties to increase Legalist's opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communication, or related field desirable or equivalent experience from an accredited institution.
- J.D. from top 20 law schools.
- 5+ years experience of working in a role involving negotiation of a large volume of deals.
- 5+ years sales/transactional experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision
- Annual Company Retreat
- Twelve paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
Why you should join Legalist
We are on a mission to change the way that legal disputes are resolved by financing attorneys and plaintiffs who can't afford the high costs of litigation, leveling the playing field, and moving the legal system to more equitable outcomes. We fund lawsuits, and we want to see plaintiffs with meritorious lawsuits get justice. We're a team of engineers, lawyers, finance gurus, and data scientists who make real-time investment decisions in a fast-paced environment.