Senior Legal Counsel - Full Time at Lendtable
About the role
Our team is based out of San Francisco, and we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel that is comfortable taking a high degree of ownership over Lendtable's Legal and Regulatory vision, strategy and products. Beyond a strong history of working with cross-functional legal teams, a successful candidate will have experience successfully managing legal/regulatory work for startups.
- Guide and define the regulatory and legal scope of our product offerings and customer relationships
- Collaborate with our marketing team to accurately communicate our product and services
- Support the product team to understand the legal landscape of new product offerings
- Collaborate with our sales & partnerships teams to support companies with their own regulatory and compliance needs
- Manage our fundraising legal documents (both debt and equity)
- Direct and manage relationships with outside firms and partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving abilities
- 4+ years of experience as legal counsel at high-growth, venture-backed startups or top-tier law firm
- Law Degree from top-tier law school
- Must be willing to work onsite in our San Francisco, CA office post COVID restrictions
- Prior financial experience (ex. consulting, accounting, investment banking) or majors in economics and business
- Experience working on strategy and product initiatives at startups or tech companies.
- Experience dealing with retirement, investing, tax, or other financial/securities law
- Demonstrated experience as both an Individual contributor managing specific deliverables, as well as a manager in charge of hiring and setting resourcing.
Why you should join Lendtable
Now more than ever, creative solutions are needed to help all Americans to better save and invest their money. Income inequality is rising and 1 in 4 Americans have $0 saved for retirement. Lendtable is at the center of this universe leading a new path forward to help American workers get the most out of their paycheck and employee benefits. With workers leaving billions of dollars in free money on the table from benefits like 401(k) matching, Lendtable helps employees take advantage of their retirement benefits. We are venture-backed by Y Combinator, Valor Equity Partners, Softbank, and heavy hitters like the former COO of Venmo and the President of Impossible Foods.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and is inclusive of all backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are looking for someone that is self-motivated, approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, is strong at identifying the root cause of problems, rather than just superficial trends.
Let’s go change the face of retirement savings! Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org