Software Engineer (Fullstack) at Let's Do This
About the role
Let’s Do This was launched in 2017. Our vision is to inspire more people to have epic experiences than any other community on the planet by the end of 2025. We want to be the online company that gets everyone offline. The first vertical we have focused on is mass participation sports events, where we are the global leader. It couldn't be a more exciting time to join Lets Do This, with the pandemic confirming what we have always known; experiences are better and more meaningful when done with others. The events space is roaring back and we are determined to help people engage with more epic experiences, and enhance those experiences further by enabling participation together.
We have raised $30M to date and were the fastest growing company on YCombinator, with a record 24 times over subscribed on our seed round. We have attracted investment from the likes of Usain Bolt and Serena Williams, as well as investment from Tier 1 VC’s such as NFX and YC.
We are at an exciting stage of our growth and are obsessed with building the most talented team in the world. We have an exceptional team with experience ranging from London’s fastest growing start-ups, to the world's biggest tech companies, such as Facebook, Google, Deliveroo, King and Skyscanner.
See how we became the most talked-about company on our Y-Combinator batch https://bit.ly/2Hc1k1d (March 2018, Mountain View CA, USA).
At Let’s Do This our Software Engineers are an integral part of our product development process. We are not a company that believes engineers should be hidden away from decisions, churning out code for features decided from upon high. Instead, our Engineers form strong bonds with cross-functional peers in Product Management, Data Science, Product Design and others to become experts in their product domain.
Our product teams are truly full stack, focussed on vertical slices of the product rather than horizontally along technology lines. Whilst we don’t expect everyone to be an expert at everything, a willingness to dive into the unknown and tackle technical challenges at any layer in the stack are essential to succeeding as an engineer at Let’s Do This.
At Let’s Do This, you’ll get to work with a lot of exciting new technologies. We use:
- Node, AWS Lambda and Typescript to write our backend (micro)services;
- React, Apollo and BaseWeb to create engaging user interfaces;
- MongoDB for most persistent data storage;
- Amazon EventBridge for our asynchronous event bus;
- Docker and Amazon ECS to schedule and run our services.
Every day you will be:
- Working closely with peers in the wider product org to define the future of the product;
- Engaging with designers to build and improve the UX of our core products;
- Getting dirty with analytics with our data scientists to design, run and verify your work using our in-house experimentation and feature flagging framework;
- Actively contributing to every stage in the product development lifecycle, and owning the development of new features from conception to completion;
- Shaping the future of our tech platform across the full stack;
- Working in a small, tight knit team with a rapid iteration cycle - typically a week. We value execution speed over perfection.
- You love building products in cross discipline teams using an iterative approach, driven by user feedback and data insight;
- You care deeply about providing a great user experience to our users;
- You enjoy working across the stack with modern technologies;
- You are not afraid of ambiguity and thrive when helping set the direction of the team;
- You understand the importance of prioritisation in your work to ensure a good balance between business impact and code quality;
- You have interests that span the full stack - from building performant web experiences to debugging traffic latency in our AWS stack. You want it all!
- You are a keen learner and love sharing your knowledge with others.
We want to create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people whilst enabling them to do the best work of their careers. We are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Why you should join Let's Do This
Let’s Do This is a digital marketplace for sporting and mass participation events, inspiring users to take part in an extensive range of races from local 5k Runs to Double Ironman Triathlons and everything in between. Having built the world’s biggest multi-disciplinary events and race database the Let’s Do This mission is to encourage users on all levels from amateur to semi-professional to lead their life with goal orientated sporting targets.
Offering global run, cycle, triathlon and obstacle events, Let’s Do This helps athletes to find and book the event that is best for them and offer local and personalised communications to all users, sending information on what events are happening locally and tailored to users’ preferences. Post event athletes will be able to review events online, helping their peers find the best challenges and provide valuable feedback to the Race Organisers.