Engineering Manager at Let's Do This
About the role
Let’s Do This was launched in 2017. Our vision is to inspire more people to have epic experiences than any other community on the planet by the end of 2025. We want to be the online company that gets everyone offline. The first vertical we have focused on is mass participation sports events, where we are the global leader. The pandemic has confirmed what we have always known, that experiences are better and more meaningful when done with others. We are determined to help people engage with more epic experiences, and enhance those experiences further by enabling participation together.
We have raised $30M to date and were the fastest growing company on YCombinator, with a record 24 times over subscribed on our seed round. We have attracted investment from the likes of Usain Bolt and Serena Williams, as well as investment from Tier 1 VC’s such as NFX and YC.
We are at an exciting stage of our growth and are obsessed with building the most talented team in the world. We have an exceptional team with experience ranging from London’s fastest growing start-ups, to the world's biggest tech companies, such as Facebook, Google, Deliveroo, King and Skyscanner.
See how we became the most talked-about company on our Y-Combinator batch https://bit.ly/2Hc1k1d (March 2018, Mountain View CA, USA)
At Let’s Do This our Software Engineers are an integral part of our product development process. We are not a company that believes engineers should be hidden away from decisions, churning out code for features decided from upon high. Instead, our Engineers form strong bonds with cross-functional peers in Product Management, Data Science, Product Design and others to become experts in their product domain.
Our product teams are truly full stack, focussed on vertical slices of the product rather than horizontally along technology lines. Whilst we don’t expect everyone to be an expert at everything, a willingness to dive into the unknown and tackle technical challenges at any layer in the stack are essential to succeeding as an engineer at Let’s Do This.
We are looking for our first Engineering Manager to help grow and develop our engineers and build inclusive, high-performing teams, reporting directly to the VP Engineering. Our product teams are interdisciplinary arranged around a mission, with clear responsibility, goals and objectives. We operate a ‘bottom up’ culture and believe in hiring the best people, then getting out of their way!
As an Engineering Manager at Let’s Do This your primary responsibility is ensuring your team or teams execute effectively. You will focus on recruiting new engineers, helping existing engineers with their personal and professional development and help ensure product teams in your area are shipping code effectively and efficiently. EMs collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers and Data Scientists to help shape the future of the product. In addition, EMs drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams. We are sufficiently early in our journey that much of the work here needs to be started, providing ample opportunity for shaping the future of the company;.
- supporting your team or teams in delivering high impact, high quality work that is built with the needs of the customer in mind
- supporting, coaching and developing high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others
- partnering with Product Design, Product Management and Data Science to build and deliver on product roadmaps, iteratively and with an experimental mindset
- defining management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for the talented, highly motivated people that we hire
- partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices
- you have experience managing or mentoring the performance and development of high-performing engineers
- you believe in putting customers at the heart of the work you do
- you know what exceptional looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and know how to get there
- you have previously worked as a software engineer at a lead level or above
- you have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships
- you care deeply about helping others achieve their goals and become the best engineers they can be
We want to create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people whilst enabling them to do the best work of their careers. We are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Why you should join Let's Do This
Let’s Do This is a digital marketplace for sporting and mass participation events, inspiring users to take part in an extensive range of races from local 5k Runs to Double Ironman Triathlons and everything in between. Having built the world’s biggest multi-disciplinary events and race database the Let’s Do This mission is to encourage users on all levels from amateur to semi-professional to lead their life with goal orientated sporting targets.
Offering global run, cycle, triathlon and obstacle events, Let’s Do This helps athletes to find and book the event that is best for them and offer local and personalised communications to all users, sending information on what events are happening locally and tailored to users’ preferences. Post event athletes will be able to review events online, helping their peers find the best challenges and provide valuable feedback to the Race Organisers.