Software Engineer at Levro
About the role
At Levro, our mission is to build the financial backbone for global commerce. We are building financial infrastructure to allow any company to frictionlessly expand to any country. Our first product is a bank account for businesses that will let you hold and spend multiple currencies ($, €, £, ¥, etc.).
Opening a bank account abroad as a business can be really hard: it can take up to 6 months in the UK, and you often even need to fly to Canada to open a Canadian bank account! Once accounts are open, banks charge high fees to convert between currencies, and the setup can be complicated to administer. We solve that by having one business bank account that lets you hold and transact in any currency you want. Many businesses currently forgo accepting overseas customers due to administrative challenges - we want to fix that.
We're second time founders and experienced operators. Both of our first companies had successful outcomes, and we're backed by top Silicon Valley investors, including YCombinator. We're well capitalized with a long runway.
As a Founding Engineer, you’re sure to have a big impact! You’ll shape our product and technology direction, as well as support an engineering culture that empathizes with our customers, users, and other team members.
What You'll do:
- Take our product from 0 to 1 by designing and implementing secure, highly scalable, and pragmatic technical solutions
- Work closely with the founders to influence, develop, and implement product design and roadmap
- Develop subject matter expertise in areas like international banking, card issuing, and machine learning for lending
- Work directly with our customers to help them expand their companies around the globe
- Pitch in on many surprising, daily challenges that come up in an early-stage start up
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Coding skill in Python, C++ or similar. We currently use Python, but welcome developers of any background, as long as you can pick up Python.
- We value the correctness, maintainability, elegance, and testability of code. We want to do things the right way over just getting things “done.” We’re strict about our code style and quality so that you don’t have to spend your time tracking down other peoples’ bugs.
- Experience in working in financial services is nice, but by no means a requirement.
Our Tech Stack:
- Python - we have a simple Flask backend, connected to a few other services, all in Python
- AWS - Docker containers running on ECS
- Frontend - HTML + CSS + React
You’ll help define the rest of this list. We have plenty of ideas for what technologies make sense here, but we need your help to turn those ideas into product!
🇨🇦 Cathy was previously CEO of 42 Technologies (YC W14), a big data platform processing over $4 billion of data for global retailers including AllSaints, Rebecca Minkoff, and Sports Direct. She led enterprise sales, finance, strategy, and operations. [Education: Harvard Business School]
🇮🇳 Abeer was previously CTO of Theorem LP (YC W14), a data science and machine learning platform that bought marketplace loans with over $1.5 billion in assets under management (from MIT Endowment, GIC, etc.). He led the research and engineering teams and wrote the algorithms Theorem used to buy over $2B+ worth of loans. [Education: Carnegie Mellon University]
Why you should join Levro
Levro is a new multicurrency business neobank. We help companies expand overseas by giving them the ability to hold, convert, and pay in/out of 30+ currencies using one account. Businesses can go global and hold $, €, £, ¥, etc., convert at better wholesale rates, pay in/out using local payment rails, and automate FX optimization.