Business Development Representative in a fast-growing AI Startup at Lightly
About the role
Lightly AG is a Y-Combinator startup in the field of machine learning and computer vision. Its products are used by leading companies in autonomous driving, medical imaging, and visual inspection to curate visual machine learning data.
Lightly consists of a small team of talented software engineers, researchers, and business developers in Zurich, who all individually impact the business and our product.
This job offers you the unique opportunity to join a Swiss Y-Combinator-funded company. As an early hire, your role will have a significant impact on our company. The position entails various tasks around building up and executing sales as well as general business development. Some of your key responsibilities would include:
- Develop and execute customer acquisition strategies for lead generation
- Build and maintain strong, lasting customer relationships by nurturing prospects
- Identify the (potential) customer’s needs and suggest appropriate actions to take
- Manage the entire sales-cycle (lead generation, prospect qualification, product demonstration, proposals, negotiation, and other deliverables for closing deals)
- Refine the company’s B2B sales strategy by identifying best practices
- Manage marketing campaigns, conferences, and digital content creation
- Support strategy, marketing, and operational initiatives Requirements
- Completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (STEM or business)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and a flair for B2B consultative solution selling
- Experience with similar customer groups (e.g., in the AI field) is a plus
- Passion for sales, technology, and innovation
- Full-time position in our office in San Francisco, Zurich or remote
- Ownership and responsibility from day one and direct contact with the founders
- Competitive salary, various benefits, and stock options
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance
- A lot of fun: regular get togethers, team events, and company offsites (retreats).
- 25 days of paid vacation per year
Have we sparked your interest? Apply with your CV and cover letter. We look forward to getting to know you!
Why you should join Lightly
At the ETH spin-off Lightly, we build software solutions to help companies improve their deep learning models. The available data for deep learning grows faster than human tagging and available compute power. Our customers already face this problem and have too much data to process. As a solution, we built software to identify and work with the most relevant samples only.
We are a team of talented developers and researchers in Zurich and are backed by top investors (we will announce our fundraising soon). Every member of the team is going to have a massive impact. Thus, we are looking for an experienced engineer with lots of passion for the subject. We offer attractive cash- & equity package for you to become part-owner of Lightly. Remote work is also possible.