School Business Development Associate at Litnerd
About the role
Litnerd is seeking a School Business Development Associate who will be part of the SALES and OPS team, esp focused on NYC. This candidate will be responsible for building relationships with key decision makers at the school level, in addition to selling Litnerd's suite of products, to bring engaging art and theater reading and SEL content to schools. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • This is a phone-dial and Zoom meeting heavy role. In your day to day, you will do everything from conduct high-level conversations and connect with faculty and administrators about their education and technology strategies to pipeline management and calling principals.
• You are responsible for outbound sales email templates and designing lead generation campaigns and managing sales through the entire lifecycle.
• You will also become well-versed in your territory's funding, state initiatives, demographics, and K-12 education landscape, which will help inform your overall sales strategy.
• The successful candidate will be a strongly self-motivated and committed individual who is goal-oriented, logical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team.
• This position has advancement potential within the Sales organization, and the compensation package includes an uncapped commission and bonus structure.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years of sales development/sales experience. • Bachelor’s degree. • Passionate about EdTech sales. • Experience serving K-12 NYCDOE STRONGLY preferred. • Excited to execute innovative, targeted campaigns that get decision makers interested in bringing transformative technology to classrooms. • Lead Development or Sales Development experience preferred. • Experience in K12 EdTech market preferred. • Experience in SaaS preferred. • Knowledge of CRM, Zoom, Slack, Microsoft Suite and G-Suite preferred. • Excellent phone, written and verbal skills. • Well organized, great note-taking with efficient time management skills. • Eager to collaborate. • Team player with a positive attitude and commitment to exceeding sales objectives.
We offer very competitive salaries, equity and a comprehensive benefits package including Health Insurance.
Why you should join Litnerd
Litnerd is a Netflix-show style online reading program that brings K-5 books to life by streaming live actors in the classroom.
Litnerd provides a cohort-based online Reading program that brings K-5 curriculum to life by blending the creator economy to traditional education. Litnerd will teach the 37 Million elementary school students in America through story-telling. Today schools spend approx. $20 Billion on reading and supplemental education programs. Yet 42% of their students still cannot read by 4th grade. In other words, we are failing nearly half of our nation’s students before they ever graduate elementary school. Furthermore, decline in literacy and reading proficiency increases amongst Title 1 schools socio-economically disadvantaged communities. By joining our team, you will be part of our mission to change that!
TRACTION: Launched in January, Litnerd is a contracted vendor with the New York City Department of Education. We are currently serving over 14,000 students and growing revenue at 60% MoM.
INSPIRATION: Just as Lin-Manuel Miranda took a history book (the story of Alexander Hamilton) and brought it to life through art and theatre ('Hamilton the Musical' is now EduHam – a history teaching program in public schools across the nation), so too will Litnerd teach students with that same inspiration of bringing subjects to life.