Customer Experience Agent at Lob
About the role
Customer Experience is an essential part of our company and our team’s top priority is to ensure we make our customers successful and curate A+ experiences. As a Customer Experience Agent, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with Lob’s customers, from fledgling start-ups to blue chip enterprise clients. As the voice of Lob, you will be an expert of our product as well as a champion for our customers. This will require communicating with our users across multiple channels and ensuring they have the best customer experience possible.
The experience and success of our customers is integral to our culture here at Lob. To succeed in this role, you must have a passion and sense of urgency to serve customers.
As a Customer Experience Agent you will:
- Provide professional and efficient support to Lob’s customers via email, phone, and chat
- Be a first point of contact to resolve customer questions and complaints
- Effectively resolve and/or triage and escalate customer inquiries in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Proactively identify and diffuse issues that could affect Lob customers
- Develop documentation for Lob’s Help Center to improve customer understanding of our product
- Work with Sales, Operations, Product and Engineering to use customer feedback to improve our product offering
For this role, we’re looking for:
Passion and a genuine care about customers’ experiences and customer support
Ability to actively listen, understand, and resolve customer issues in an empathetic, diplomatic manner
Excellent written and verbal communication skills (you need to be highly proficient in English)
Remarkable attention to detail
Ability to manage own time and juggle multiple priorities
Comfort in dealing with and solving ambiguous, novel, and unpredictable challenges in a timely manner
Previous experience utilizing a ticket system (e.g. Zendesk) is a plus
0-2 years of experience working in a customer service role
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university or equivalent work experience
Ability to work with us in our office in San Francisco, CA
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with avision tomake the world programmable. Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team headquartered in San Francisco, with team members throughout the US. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andvalues diversity ofbackgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.