Senior Manager+ of Product, Growth at Lob
About the role
Lob’s mission is to build APIs for businesses to increase the connectivity between the offline and online worlds.
It’s our goal to build an API toolkit that allows organizations to innovate, move faster, and better differentiate themselves. With software transforming the way companies and people interact at an ever-accelerating rate, merging the offline and online worlds has become more important than ever.
As Senior Manager or Director of Product, Growth, you will work cross functionally across teams to lead the growth and scaling of Lob’s products. You will sit at the intersection of marketing and product to identify and own key metrics around customer acquisition, activation, retention and upsell.
You will own and shape the vision and roadmap for product led growth and work cross functionally to execute on key initiatives and strategies. Our product team believes in finding ways to say “Yes”, shipping early and often, creating a B2C experience for our B2B product and thinking API first.
As a Senior Manager or Director of Product, Growth, you’ll...
- Build alignment for the growth plan across Product, Marketing, and Engineering, using data and customer insights to support conclusions
- Design and execute strategies to increase and optimize revenue and user growth for Lob’s products, from acquisition to activation stages as well as working with cross functional teams to build out marketing and product features to drive user retention
- Combine your skills in marketing, analytics and product management to find and implement creative, unconventional and cost-efficient channels to build a customer base and grow the business
- Experiment and identify channels to test, run tests and perform customer/audience segmentation analysis
- Articulate and validate your vision both internally with leaders
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 7+ years experience in growth marketing or product led growth
- Experience setting, executing, and iterating on a growth strategy
- Good written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with engineering and other cross-functional teams
- Solid problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with avision tomake the world programmable. Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team headquartered in San Francisco, with team members throughout the US. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects.
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Employee Assistance Program and free professional coaching sessions
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Virtual social events
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees and will not require employees (unless they are serving an essential function) to be in the office until a vaccine is widely available.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andvalues diversity ofbackgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.