Director of Corporate Marketing at Lob
About the role
The multi-billion-dollar direct mail industry has been left out of the digital age, and it’s costing companies billions in wasted time and unrealized growth. Lob automates direct mail & address verification for modern businesses. More than 8,000 companies use Lob’s APIs to move faster and create new growth opportunities. One in 2 U.S. households have received mail generated through Lob’s platform.
We are looking for an experienced leader to manage our corporate marketing. In this role you will own Lob’s corporate messaging, brand/creative, integrated marketing programs, PR, and analyst relations. You will manage all internal and external communications to build positive brand awareness and exposure for Lob.
As a Director of Corporate Marketing, you'll...
- Define strategy for corporate marketing activities executed on all internal and external channels: AR, Brand, Content, Social & PR
- Drive brand awareness and increased organic & referral website traffic through PR, social media and brand campaigns
- Develop a roadmap for the Lob’s brand strategy
- Own corporate messaging that resonates with our prospects, customers, and partners
- Plan and execute on press releases and media engagement, as well as marketing campaigns across multiple channels (including with partners), and deliver strong earned media metrics
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the media ecosystem and grow Lob’s reputation among the press as a leading and trusted technology leader
- Track key metrics and provide insights on how to improve earned media; identify and execute on high ROI paid media opportunities
For this role, we're looking for...
- 10+ years of experience in Corporate Marketing for at fast growing, B2B SaaS technology companies
- 5+ years of people management and team building experience
- Strong project management skills and English language skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Excellent collaboration, team-building and partnership skills across all stakeholders
- Expertise in creating compelling thought leadership content
- A collaborative mindset and track record of managing cross-functional teams to drive strong execution
- Leadership skills and an aptitude for developing repeatable best practices for Lob
- Curiosity and passion for the vision, market, and opportunity that Lob is pursuing
- A technical background and prior experience with APIs are preferred
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.