Senior Product Manager, Address Verification API at Lob
About the role
We believe that the world will become drastically more programmable in the next few years. At Lob, our goal is to build APIs for businesses to increase the connectivity between the online and offline worlds. Companies like Twitter, and Betterment use Lob’s APIs to interface physically with their customers. One in four households in the USA has received mail through Lob, and our infrastructure handles millions of requests per day. We offer remote working opportunities and are only able to employ those in the following states: California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Colorado, Washington State, Utah, and Oregon. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
This role will be responsible for owning the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for our Address Verification API product. The Address Verification product is Lob’s second flagship API and a key piece to achieving Lob’s company goals for 2020 and beyond. We’ve processed nearly a billion addresses and achieved important certifications with USPS. Our goal is to be the source of truth for all address data worldwide and you’ll shape Lob’s approach to aggressively grow market share in both the domestic and international address verification market.
Product managers at Lob are passionate about shaping the product roadmap at a dynamic and fast-growing startup, working closely with a world-class engineering team to deliver product, and interacting across teams at Lob and directly with customers to drive continuous improvements.
As the Senior Product Manager for Address Verification, you’ll…
- Identify, prioritize, and deliver product improvements to drive revenue and customer growth.
- Be the domain expert for your product with a complete understanding of how customer feedback, competitive drivers, and market dynamics shape your product’s direction.
- Leverage adoption metrics as well as meetings with customers, prospects, and Lob’s field organization to develop a perspective on how your product is being used and on where to take the product next.
- Think strategically to ensure that your product roadmap supports Lob’s overall company objectives. Articulate and validate your roadmap both internally and externally.
- Translate your product roadmap into prioritized user stories and detailed specs. Drive comprehensive UI and API design, working closely with designers to build and test UI wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Collaborate closely with Lob’s engineering team to execute product plans in an iterative and timely manner.
- Help drive field enablement for new feature releases, as well as core positioning and messaging for your product.
- Drive process improvements that benefit the product management team at large.
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 4+ years of relevant product management experience at world-class organizations.
- 6+ years of overall product development experience, including prior hands-on experience as a software developer.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with product design, engineering, and other cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience building or working with APIs.
- Strong product design skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective.
- Experience with location data, machine learning, a major plus.
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated design specs, as well as using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform product direction and priorities.
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Passion for the vision, market and opportunity that Lob is pursuing.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Additional Information: *Colorado only - salary $115,752 - $132,375 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.