Senior Software Engineer - Partner Network Management at Lob
About the role
Lob is building a suite of APIs to simplify and automate enterprise workflows. Our most popular product is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending email. Our long-term goal is to provide the building blocks for developers to automate the offline world through APIs.
We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers but great collaborators—engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on problems that no other companies have solved before.
About The Team
The Partner Network Management (PNM) Team at Lob is helping customers connect to the offline world. Specifically, the PNM team is committed to providing a crucial portal for our Partner Operations team and print partners. The PNM team is dedicated to connecting and scaling our print infrastructure with real-time reporting and tooling inside our application.
As a full-stack engineer on the Partner Network Management team, your work will help onboard our vast network of print partners during their interactions with Lob’s tools and services. We are looking for a talented software engineer who is passionate about creating user experiences and satisfying user needs.
We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Washington State, Utah, and Oregon. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing startup and make an incredible impact on the team. Lob’s mission is to turn slow and manual offline processes into timely, relevant and personalized communication channels.
You’ll work with Vue, TailwindCSS, Node, Docker, Postgres, Redis, and a number of native services on AWS. You’ll bring your industry experience to help the team choose which technologies to add, which technologies to keep, and which technologies to consolidate and remove.
As a software engineer, you’ll...
- Create new and support existing functionalities within Partner Portal and APIs to manage our print partner network
- Work on the UI dashboard used by our Partner Operations team and network of print partners
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications
- Implement and architect efficient and reusable solutions
- Guide and improve front-end best practices we can follow as a team and propagate across the company.
- Gain exposure across our technical stack from backend to front-end to build world class APIs and tools
- Collaborate with others to help reach common goals.
What you will bring to this role...
- 4+ years of full-stack (database, backend, and frontend) experience in a modern web framework. Show us how you’ve used technology to solve problems.
- Exceptional collaborators and communicators. At Lob, you win by helping others succeed. You have concrete examples of ways you’ve gone above and beyond to help the people around you meet their goals.
- Experience building or working with APIs. It turns out that they are a lot harder to design and change than they are to consume. You collaborate well with others about your strong opinions in regards to what good API design looks like, informed by real-world experience.
- Great coaches and leaders. A senior engineer does not simply ship great products; they help shape great teams.
Our team loves working at Lob because…
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- We are a growing, dynamic and passionate team headquartered in San Francisco, with team members throughout the US. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Additional Information: *Colorado only - salary $121,609 - $139,125 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andvalues diversity ofbackgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.