Senior Software Engineer - Growth at Lob
About the role
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
About The Team
The Growth Team at Lob optimizes the frontend user experience to acquire, activate, expand, and retain customers that do not integrate directly with Lob's API (and funnels the customers who can toward integration) through data-informed decisions and data-driven experiments.
As a software engineer on the Growth team, your work will help make our dashboard and other frontend tools even more valuable for our customers. You’ll run tests to determine how a user experience flows best, craft prototypes that may become full-blown features, and dig into data to find out how we can best help our users.
We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Colorado, Washington State, Utah, and Oregon. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing startup and make an incredible impact on the team. Lob’s mission is to turn slow and manual offline processes into timely, relevant and personalized communication channels.
You’ll work with Vue, TailwindCSS, Node, Docker, Postgres, Redis, Netlify, and AWS. You’ll bring your industry experience to help the team choose which technologies to add, which technologies to keep, and which technologies to consolidate and remove.
As a senior software engineer, you’ll...
- Work with Product Management and other Engineers to research, design, and implement new capabilities.
- Run tests to improve how our users create and deliver direct mail, manage their address verifications, track data, and more
- Build prototypes that cover 80% of the goal with 20% of the effort so we know what new features to invest in
- Shepherd the experience and accessibility of the UI dashboard used by our customers
- Guide and improve front-end best practices we can follow as a team and propagate across the company.
- Work with Customer Success and Support to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Coach and mentor other engineers.
What you will bring to this role...
- 4+ years of overall experience in full stack or front end focused software engineering roles
- Passion about building product features and making APIs interactively accessible
- Eager to dig into data and surface new learnings
- Expertise in design patterns and best practices
- Exceptional collaboration and communication. You know how to balance having strong opinions with actively listening to others.
- (optional) Experience with assessing and implementing accessibility features
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
Our team loves working at Lob because…
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- We are a growing, dynamic and passionate team headquartered in San Francisco, with team members throughout the US. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Open vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes a monthly stipend for wellness/gym memberships)
- Commuter benefits for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Paid parental leave (for both Moms and Dads) and Fertility benefits
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Learning and development budget to attend conferences and purchase learning materials (books, online courses, etc.)
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company.
Additional Information: *Colorado only - salary $121,000 - $139,000 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Forbes 30 Under 30 - Enterprise Technology 2017
#61 on Y Combinator's Top Companies List 2018
#26 2018 Fastest-Growing Private Companies, The Business Journals
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.