Senior Developer Advocate at Lob
About the role
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
If you are looking for a progressive, fun-spirited, and mentally stimulating environment, come join us at Lob!
We offer remote working opportunities in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, Washington State, Utah, and Oregon. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
About The Role
This role is about empowering developers through code, content and community. Your work will inspire and equip developers to help businesses increase the connectivity between the offline and online worlds. You’ll create developer-centric content including documentation, technical blogs, code samples, tools and videos to attract, educate and activate customers.
You’ll have the opportunity to prepare and deliver technical talks at industry events, meetups, roadshows, hackathons and webinars. Some domestic travel will be expected (post COVID) to support in-person events.
In this role you will support developers on forums, github, social media and other online channels. You will play a critical role of evaluating feedback from developers and identifying product and developer experience improvements.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, you’ll...
- Assist with developer documentation, tutorials and other educational efforts
- Drive API adoption through blog posts, videos, code samples and open source tools
- Attract and activate new developers through creative and relevant content
- Assist with forum management, social media and other community engagement activities
- Represent the company at online and offline events
- Engage Lob users to understand their perspective, workflows and use cases
- Interpret community feedback to drive insights and assist product development
- Build processes for coordinating, executing and measuring devrel projects
- Evaluate and implement new community management tools
- Mentor new developer advocates on applying devrel best practices to their work product
What you will bring to this role...
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 2+ years of developer advocacy experience
- Fluency in one or more of the following: NodeJS, Python, Java, .NET, Ruby, Go, PHP
- Experience building applications that use 3rd party APIs
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experience presenting technical topics in clear and concise ways
- Deep empathy for how developers experience technology
- Love of teaching and immense satisfaction seeing the light bulb go off in someone’s head
Since developer advocates come from a variety of backgrounds, it doesn’t particularly matter if you have a specific degree—we want to hear about your contributions in a real-world setting.
Our team loves working at Lob because…
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- We are a growing, dynamic and passionate team headquartered in San Francisco, with team members throughout the US. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Additional Information: *Colorado only - salary $100,249.50 - $121,125 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andvalues diversity ofbackgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have a greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.