Senior Software Engineer - Dashboard & Growth at Lob
About the role
The Dashboard and Growth Team at Lob is helping customers connect to the offline world. Specifically the team is committed to providing a delightful experience when using Lob’s UI dashboard to sign up, learn about and visualize data related to their use of Lob’s APIs.
As a software engineer on the Dashboard team, your work will delight customers during their interactions with Lob’s tools and services. We are looking for a talented software engineer who is passionate about creating user experiences and satisfying user needs.
We offer remote working opportunities in California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Canada. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing startup and make an incredible impact on the team. Lob’s mission is to turn slow and manual offline processes into timely, relevant and personalized communication channels.
You’ll work with Vue, TailwindCSS, Node, Docker, Postgres, Redis, and a number of native services on AWS. You’ll bring your industry experience to help the team choose which technologies to add, which technologies to keep, and which technologies to consolidate and remove.
As a software engineer, you’ll...
- Work with Product Management and other Engineers to research, design, and implement new capabilities.
- Create new and support existing functionalities within our Dashboard to create and deliver direct mail, address verification and other offline tasks
- Shepherd the experience and accessibility of the UI dashboard used by our customers
- Partner with Product Management to understand customer requirements and define Product Roadmap.
- Guide and improve front-end best practices we can follow as a team and propagate across the company.
- Work with Customer Success and Support to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Coach and mentor other engineers.
What you will bring to this role...
- 3+ years of overall experience in a front end focused software engineering role
- Passion about building product features and making APIs interactively accessible
- Eager to solve complex problems across teams and architecture
- Expertise in design patterns and best practices
- Exceptional collaboration and communication. You know how to balance having strong opinions with actively listening to others.
- (optional) Experience with assessing and implementing accessibility features
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andvalues diversity ofbackgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.