Director of Product at Lob
About the role
Lob’s mission is to build APIs for businesses to increase the connectivity between the offline and online worlds. With software transforming the way companies and people interact at an ever-accelerating rate, merging the offline and online worlds has become more important than ever.
As a Director of Product, you will help shape the vision & roadmap for our products, and be intimately involved in new product initiatives and scaling our existing products. Our product team values are: focus on customer impact, ruthless prioritization, staying curious, building bridges and failing fast.
We are looking for someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, uncertain environment with a great set of colleagues.
As Director of Product, you’ll...
- Work with the VP of Product and colleagues to drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for Lob
- Articulate and validate your strategy and roadmap both internally with leaders and externally with customers and partners
- Truly partner with Lob’s engineering team to break down large milestones into small, prioritized, shippable yet delightful chucks and execute product plans in an iterative and timely manner
- Be the domain expert for your product with a comprehensive understanding of customer feedback, market drivers, and market dynamics shape your product’s direction
- Leverage business metrics as well as interactions with customers, internal stakeholders, partners, and industry leaders to develop a perspective on how your product is being used and where to take the product next
- Be a coach, thought partner, and sounding board: “Coach, don’t tell.” You will help your team build problem-solving skills by practicing reflective listening, asking good questions, and giving timely direct, and kind feedback and encouragement.
- Recruit, engage, and retain great problem-solvers and collaborators. You’ll be responsible for building diverse, inclusive teams, where everyone feels comfortable and safe being themselves at work
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 10+ years of product management experience at world-class organizations
- 5+ years of managing and leading teams. We’ll want to hear how your reports developed and grew under your leadership, and how you made your work inclusive and psychologically safe.
- Strong technical background with the ability to communicate effectively with engineering
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with engineering and other cross-functional teams
- Experience transforming business and product strategy into well-articulated product specs, using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform product direction and priorities
- Good written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering
- Solid problem-solving abilities, bias to action, an attention to detail, and a collaborative attitude
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with avision tomake the world programmable. Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team headquartered in San Francisco, with team members throughout the US. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Additional Information: *Colorado only - salary $154,336 - $174,750 offer includes benefits, equity, 401K
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andvalues diversity ofbackgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.