Partner Development Manager (Enterprise) at Lob
About the role
Partner Development Manager - Enterprise
Lob is building a suite of APIs to simplify and automate enterprise workflows that connect the online and offline worlds. Our most popular product is our Print & Mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. With a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings, Lob is looking for talented individuals to join our team and shape the future of our company.
Our goal at Lob is to surface complex real-world infrastructure to businesses of all sizes via modern technology. Lob’s Partner team owns and operates the supply side of the business, which must work seamlessly with this modern tooling to support key value props such as speed, scale, quality, and transparency. We are looking for strategic thinkers who are ready to roll their sleeves up, understand the intricacies of our product & supply chain, and apply their insights to optimize our fulfillment engine. The team implements rigorous operations management principles to derive and manage metrics like quality, speed, deliverability, and cost, all in service of delivering a world-class experience for Lob’s customers.
This role requires a unique mix of business acumen, critical thinking, and multi-layer communication skills. You will need to monitor partner performance like a hawk, identify & escalate gaps and implement scalable solutions that up-level the operational integrity of our supply chain. You will also need to be comfortable partnering with Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Finance in order to effectively manage performance and spend across your partner portfolio. We are looking for a solutions-oriented partner manager with an attention to detail and commitment to success. This role is critical to building and operating a scalable and sustainable supply-side infrastructure at Lob.
You’re a great fit for this role if you...
You strive to make an impact no matter what role you are in and where you are
Love solving complex problems in supply chain & logistics
Appreciate the challenges of managing mission critical enterprise partner and customer operations
Deeply understand what it takes to manage and scale an enterprise partner portfolio
Are unafraid to get on the phone, work through problems with our partners, and drive towards a scalable solution
Identify as a relentless truth-seeker that can lean into data & relationships to get answers that inform key business decisions
Know how to gather data, build a case and turn it into action items for internal and external stakeholders
Have strong interpersonal skills with a special touch to handle nuanced situations
Enjoy getting a win as much as you enjoy helping your internal and external stakeholders win
As an Enterprise Partnerships Manager you'll...
- Monitor daily partner performance. Identify, diagnose, and resolve issues with your portfolio of partners nationally
- Run monthly and quarterly performance reviews for your partner portfolio and create action plans to address performance issues
- Negotiate contracts and financial relationships
- Represent Lob’s interests in-person with our largest Enterprise partners across the country
- Work with partner teams to implement solutions and increase performance metrics
- Track partner financials, request credits for delays when required, and reconcile partner invoices monthly
- Execute partner facing operational changes, gather insights on changes and share internally
- Become an industry subject matter expert, use your expertise to guide decision making, and be the one that your fellow Lobsters trust to know all the answers
- Deliver feedback/insights internally when we are rolling out partner-facing implementation
For this role, we're looking for...
- 4-5 years of full time work experience, with at minimum of 3 years in a partner management, strategic sourcing, or procurement role
- Executive presence and the ability to manage our largest and most critical enterprise partner relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build and manage long-term relationships with experienced industry partners to ensure world class execution of our Print Delivery Network
- Ability to perform situation analysis, draw insights and present trends in performance to partner leadership teams
- Bottomless curiosity and desire to become a subject matter expert on all things Lob (industry, product, vision)
- Relentless attitude towards solving ambiguous challenges in a quick and efficient manner
Our team loves working at Lob because...
- Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Lob has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use Lob’s suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a dynamic and passionate team distributed around the US with HQ in San Francisco. We value hard work, collaboration, and people who are in it for the journey, not the destination
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend or free Barry’s Bootcamp classes!)
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend) for those based out of our San Francisco office
- Free lunch, snacks and dinner when working at our San Francisco office
- Dog-friendly San Francisco office
- Allowance for in-person team meetings (all flights and accommodations covered) for those not based out of our San Francisco office
- Home-office setup and phone/internet stipend for those not based out of our San Francisco office
Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer andvalues diversity ofbackgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
#86 on Y Combinator's Top Private Companies List 2021
BuiltIn Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021
2020 Inc 5000 List of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2019 Timmy Awards - Best Tech Workplace for Diversity, Community Favorite in the Bay Area
Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500
Why you should join Lob
Lob is automating the offline world. Businesses use Lob’s APIs to programmatically create and deliver transactional and marketing direct mail—turning it from a slow, manual process into a timely, relevant, and personalized communication channel. Lobsters—employees at Lob—enjoy a relaxed work environment where curiosity is harnessed for professional and personal growth.
Founded in 2013 and based in San Francisco, Lob is venture-backed by Y Combinator, Polaris Partners, Floodgate, and First Round Capital.