Lofty (http://www.lofty.ai/)) is operating at the cutting edge of Web3 and crypto, and lets anyone invest in tokenized real estate in under 5 minutes for only $50.
Our mission is to help people across the world diversify into high yield U.S. real estate investments as easily as possible. We especially want to help people who can’t purchase an entire house or rental property on their own. Investors get daily rental income while their tokens appreciate in value as the property appreciates, and tokens can be sold anytime with no lock-up periods.
We are moving fast, growing fast, and backed by leading investors (such as Y Combinator, Hustle Fund, and NVIDIA). Most importantly, our users are obsessed with our product. You can read testimonials at: https://loftyreviews.webflow.io/
⭐ We've had a lot of exciting momentum over the past year:
- Grew from 4 to 16 full time employees
- Transacted $30 million across 125+ properties for thousands of property investors
- Launched support for crypto payments. Not everyone has a credit card or a US bank account, but most everyone around the world can use crypto.
- Launched support for people to use crypto as collateral to invest in real estate
- Launched Lofty Wallet to bridge DeFi and TradFi and make it easy for everyone, including non-crypto natives, to use Lofty
- Launched peer-to-peer property trading to make real estate more liquid than ever
🏗 The role: Senior Product Manager
This is an opportunity to get in at the ground level, make a big impact as the first PM at Lofty, and work with top tier talent — our team has deep experience, coming from companies from Amazon to Blackstone, Optimizely, and Bungalow. This role reports to our Chief Product Officer, Patrick, who was previously Senior Director of Product Management at Optimizely, leading a $150M business line and educating top B2C companies on growth strategy. He’s also an Orange DAO member and YC alumnus. You will also work closely with our highly experienced team of senior engineers, head of design, and head of growth.
The role is fully remote, and you do not need to reside in the U.S. or be a U.S. citizen for this job. You will ideally work during standard Pacific Time (PT) hours, but at minimum you must be able to work in a timezone no more than 3 hours offset from PT.
You will help define our roadmap and. You will also
You will help the team focus on the right things and deliver high impact outcomes for our customers and our company.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to identify how to best address user and business challenges
- Help prioritize initiatives and define our roadmap
- Align efforts across our design, growth, and engineering teams
- Gather, structure and educate the team about product requirements
- Help inform and evaluate engineering decisions
- Translate customer feedback into actionable insights
- Compile, review, and analyze platform data to identify issues and opportunities
- Collaborate with design team to brainstorm and refine designs to best meet user and business objectives
- Collaborate with growth team to brainstorm, refine, and execute growth initiatives
- Collaborate with customer success to document new features and guide customers to success
😊 Who you are
The characteristics below describe the kind of person who we believe will thrive in this role:
- You are a full-stack, do-it-all product manager. Where others may get stuck, you power through and find a way to make things happen.
- You are great at taking ideas to defined and executable plans - you can go from "big picture vision" to "where should we start today", and then start. You’re a systems thinker who distills the complex into the simple, starting by developing a deep understanding of the various parts of a problem and its dependencies.
- Your writing skills are superb. You can quickly distill complex ideas into approachable, engaging concepts for a wide audience. If we asked your friends whether you’re verbose, they would laugh because you exemplify concise communication.
- You are highly quantitative. You’re comfortable with messy data sources and can quickly distill valuable insights from them. You also know that numbers don’t explain everything, and you weave in qualitative analysis to bridge the gap.
- You are detail oriented. Little things don’t slip by you, whether a pixel that’s off, a typo, or a divergent trend.
- You’re biased to action and focus on tackling the biggest opportunities first without getting distracted
- You’re creative, always brainstorming new ideas and testing new ideas. You’re comfortable running, analyzing, and acting upon A/B tests. You have an opinion on multi-armed bandits and Bayesian optimization.
- You enjoy balancing user needs, business needs, and technical trade-offs in a startup environment.
- You know how to scale yourself and love finding ways to automate work that doesn’t need to be done manually.
- You're confident in yourself, open to others, and resilient in the face of adversity
- You’re not afraid to challenge assumptions and push back when needed.
- You look for diverse insights and value input from unlikely places and people.
- You’re decisive and thrive in tackling things head-on.
- You’re passionate about always learning and learning fast.
💪 What you've done
- 4+ years experience in product management as well as 1+ year experience in product design, data science, or software engineering
- 2+ years focused on digital B2C products, and ideally personal finance products
- 1+ year focused on a cryptocurrency-related product or side project
- Tackled ambiguous problems, applied structure, and delivered big outcomes
- Have started your own startup/side hustle in the past
- Have helped take a product from 0 → 1, and have taken a product from 1 → 10
- Have run an experimentation program using a leading experimentation software provider (e.g. Optimizely, AB Tasty, LaunchDarkly, etc.)
- Have worked extensively with SQL
🚀🌙 Why you'll be excited to work with us
- Our users LOVE Lofty. We are delivering on the Y Combinator mantra, “Build something people want”
- We are tackling a massive global challenge that will meaningfully improve peoples' financial well being
- You're coming in at the most exciting time for us. We’re growing fast, and we know that smart growth initiatives will accelerate our expansion.
- We're funded by leading investors and notable angels
🏔 Why you might not be excited to work with us
- We’re a small but mighty team spread across the globe
- Projects and priorities can shift quickly
- We need someone who is self-sufficient and can dive right in
- As you will find with a similar role at any startup, we occasionally may need your help beyond standard hours
- You will be an independent contributor starting out; there will be opportunities to take on more responsibility and potentially have direct reports in the future
💸 Benefits and Compensation
Lofty aims to offer a compelling compensation package:
- 100% remote
- Competitive salary and equity
- Healthcare benefits
- Flexible time off