Full Stack Engineer at Lucky Card
About the role
We believe a great product improves not only the lives its users, but also the lives of its builders. We're bringing a fresh technological perspective to an industry filled with outdated products. By building an excellent product for an especially underserved consumer, we will stand out.
We're looking for a Full Stack engineer to build out the backend and database of our application. We're looking for someone flexible - you should be comfortable figuring out how to do pretty much anything. You will connect our backend to our financial partners' systems, build out our internal functions, and design our data store. You'll work with the rest of the team to put the product together and contribute engineering glue where needed.
- Architecting and building the our backend system
- Connecting to financial partners' APIs and communicating with them when necessary
- Setting standards on code quality and style
- Ensuring best security practices are implemented
- Working with other engineers to connect to our frontend systems
- Several years of Node experience, especially with APIs and network requests
- Experience building with Firebase, Firestore, and Google Cloud
- Ability to design a maintainable codebase from scratch
- Ambition and willingness to set high standards
- Intrinsic desire to build a high quality, maintainable codebase
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities. The ability to work well on a team is very, very important to us
Nice to haves
- Projects built entirely by you
- Some experience building fintech products
- Some experience with defi/crypto
- Some management experience
- A sense of humor
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you should join Lucky Card
Despite the cornucopia of options, credit cards still suck. A textbook case of a fragmented industry with low NPS scores. There's a segment of particularly underserved younger consumers who don't find value in the standard 2% cashback (or points). They want high upside instead.
Lucky Card is reinventing what a credit card can be. We're issuing a beautiful card with a delightful app. Our rewards program gives our customers the chance to win something meaningful.
We're putting together a team with incredible taste to manifest our own dream card. We care about building an extremely high quality product, and we're looking for people to join us who share those values.