Strategy & Operations - Summer Intern
About the role
About MagicBus, Inc.
MagicBus is on a mission to transform the way people commute and take cars off the road by making it safe and convenient to use shared transportation rather than driving alone. Specifically, we focus on improving the efficiency and accessibility of vanpools, in particular for essential and blue-collar workers with 30+ min commutes and without convenient public transportation alternatives.
What are we up to?
Over the past two years, we’ve already served more than 10,000 riders from over 150 organizations with a pilot product. We raised a Series-A funding round in November 2019 and since then are focused on building the next iteration of a delightful product. As we exit out of this pandemic in 2021 and the masses start commuting back to the office again, we are scaling our sales and marketing to acquire more riders in our launch cities.
About the role
MagicBus is seeking a university student interested in gaining work experience at a high growth technology start-up. The individual will work closely with the CEO and VP of Strategy & Operations on strategic projects related to understanding customers and the market to managing customer onboarding and operations. The individual is highly-motivated, diligent, emotionally intelligent, and has excellent research, communication, and project management skills.
This is a full-time summer internship position (40 hours per week), and we have flexibility on the start and end dates, but the internship must last at least 10 weeks.Success in the role can lead to summer internships and full-time employment in a Chief of Staff role or other internal roles. If you’re interested, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Conduct research on B2B customers, B2C customers, policies, market trends, competitors
- Conduct outreach to B2B and B2C customers (through warm introductions, cold call, cold email) and interview customers to understand state of the market
- Generate insights from customer conversations and translate to product and services improvements
- Manage onboarding and operations of new customers, which will inevitably reveal complexities and challenges. * Dive deep to solve these problems and document learnings and processes along the way.
- Support engineering recruiting efforts
- Support other administrative tasks as needed
The ideal candidate will be pursuing a bachelors’ degree from a top-tier university, a strong GPA, and previous internship/work experience, ideally at a startup or professional services company. In addition, the candidate is:
- An excellent communicator
- Have strong empathy for people, in particular customers
- Skilled at persuasion and building relationships
- A Google ninja, master at internet research
- Organized, methodical, and can creatively+logically make something out of nothing
- A self-starter who requires little direction but asks for help when needed
- A hustler who drives to achieve a successful outcome
- Efficient and creative in building high-quality spreadsheets and presentations
- Highly interested in startups, technology, transportation, and sustainability
In this role, you will
- Learn a ton about how to talk to customers and understand their true needs, which is hypercritical for achieving product-market-fit for any company
- Practice public speaking
- Get a holistic view of what it's like to build a company from the ground up from getting customers to operations
- Build relationships with professionals in the transportation industry
- Make significant impact for our company
- Receive professional development and mentorship
Why you should join MagicBus
We make vanpooling easy for everyone. In the process we help companies and employees take cars off the road and save time that would otherwise be wasted behind the wheel.