Social media intern / contractor at MagicBus
About the role
About this position
MagicBus is seeking a part-time Social Media Intern or Contractor to support content creation, image selection, follower growth, and reporting and analytics for our social media channels. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a creative eye and exceptional writing skills, all while being detail-oriented, results-driven, organized, and a dependable team player.
The expectation is you will work approximately 5 hours per week, at $18/hour.
In your application, please include links to social media channels you have managed previously.
- Manage all social media channels (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and post articles and photos (working with the Lead Designer) at least 1x per week
- Maintain an up-to-date presence in order to increase readers and grow a following.
- Manage our engagement across all social media platforms.
- Develop campaign-specific reporting as needed
- Suggest and implement tactics to drive growth on all social media platforms
- Rising junior or senior college student; or recent grad with a four-year bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Prior internship experience in social media or community management is preferred.
- Passionate and strong social media user who understands best practices, tools, and visual design/brand aesthetics. Must have a keen eye for detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Photography, video, and design skills are a plus.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
Why you should join MagicBus
Our mission is to take cars off the road by making it safe and easy to vanpool in the post Covid world.
A vanpool is a group of people who commute together, usually in a shared van. It’s an excellent, cost effective way to commute, used by hundreds of thousands of Americans, but the industry is largely offline. It’s difficult to find, join, and start vanpools.
We build software that fixes this, making vanpooling simple and flexible. We believe that in a post Covid world, it will be more important than ever to rethink shared transportation and make it more adaptive.
Our customers are organizations like transit agencies and employers who have existing vanpool fleets. We provide these customers with our SaaS platform that manages their vanpool programs. We capture real time information about open seats, then make those seats available to book through our app. We also make it easy for people to crowdsource and start new vanpools.