Software Developer - DevOps at MagicBus
About the role
About MagicBus, Inc.
MagicBus is on a mission to transform the way people commute and take cars off the road by making it safe and convenient to use shared transportation rather than driving alone. Specifically, we focus on improving the efficiency and accessibility of vanpools, in particular for essential and blue-collar workers with 30+ min commutes and without convenient public transportation alternatives.
What we're up to
Over the past two years, we’ve already served more than 10,000 riders from over 150 organizations with a pilot product. We raised a Series-A funding round in November 2019 and since then are focused on building the next iteration of a delightful product. As we exit out of this pandemic in 2022 and the masses start commuting back to the office again, we'll be scaling our sales and marketing to acquire more riders in our launch cities.
About the role
We’re seeking a hungry devops/SRE engineer coming in to join our product engineering team and dig their hands in to help improve our scalability, high availability, observability, and release tempo. In this role, you will report directly to the CTO. Ideally, you are a quick learner, entrepreneurial, a creative problem solver, and can do things independently while dealing with ambiguity. You should also be comfortable helping design solutions and working interactively with the developers and creative staff.
You will be responsible for maintaining and writing Infrastructure as Code, our GitlabCI release pipelines, improving our monitoring and alerting, and help implement security initiatives.
- Manage the AWS environment, most of our stack relies heavily on ECS and S3.
- Manage all Terraform code and GitlabCI pipelines
- Analyze and improve configurations in Cloudflare
- Work with the engineering team to Improve security in the architecture
- Be part of design sessions from the ground to help ensure a scalable, supportable, automated, stateless solutions
- Effectively collaborate with Product, Design, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical).
- Strong grasp IaC tools, Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible
- Experience with observability tools, Datadog preferred, but Splunk, SumoLogic, ELK stacks are all great too.
- Experience with boundary security/WAF tools, we use Cloudflare
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, i.e. talking through technical problems and creating solutions with all stakeholders.
- Ability to script and write automation. Fully comfortable with Linux environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Degree is great but not required if you have enough experience
- Experience with MongoDB
- Passion or interest in transportation and taking cars off the road
AWS, Terraform, ECS, GitlabCI, Datadog, Mongo, Cloudflare
- Flexible paid time off policy up to 21 days in the year
- Remote work environment and coworking reimbursements
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- An idea-meritocratic culture valuing diversity of thought
- Custom career growth plans
- Health and wellness reimbursements
Why you should join MagicBus
Our mission is to take cars off the road by making it safe and easy to vanpool in the post Covid world.
A vanpool is a group of people who commute together, usually in a shared van. It’s an excellent, cost effective way to commute, used by hundreds of thousands of Americans, but the industry is largely offline. It’s difficult to find, join, and start vanpools.
We build software that fixes this, making vanpooling simple and flexible. We believe that in a post Covid world, it will be more important than ever to rethink shared transportation and make it more adaptive.
Our customers are organizations like transit agencies and employers who have existing vanpool fleets. We provide these customers with our SaaS platform that manages their vanpool programs. We capture real time information about open seats, then make those seats available to book through our app. We also make it easy for people to crowdsource and start new vanpools.