Full stack engineer at Marketbase
About the role
We're now looking to hire our first full time engineer (you'll be employee #1). As the first hire you will have a massive impact on our company and will become an integral part of the company and culture as we grow. If you consider yourself a conscientious worker, quick learner, kind person, and great communicator - you'd fit right in.
What you will do
- Work directly with founders to design and implement new product features across our stack
- Write public and internal REST and GraphQL APIs
- Provide technical input and knowledge to improve the product
- Own portions of the codebase and give guidance about how to implement features
- Participate in code reviews
- Help grow the team through interviewing, hiring and mentoring team members
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack engineer
- Ability to work independently and without guidance
- Experience writing integration and unit tests
- Experience giving code reviews
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
Nice to haves
- Comfortable with Typescript, MongoDB, and Mongoose ORM
- Familiarity working with GCP
- Experience with micro services
- Experience in early stage startups
Why you should join Marketbase
Marketbase (YC W21) creates software that is powering the next generation of marketplaces. We partner with focused brands and communities that want to leverage their large-scale audience through online marketplaces. We are fortunate to have investors that include Y Combinator, Commerce Ventures, as well as current and past founders and executives from Finix Payments, Lambda School, Stubhub, and Bellhop.
We’re a team of two founders (designer and developer) with over 15 years of experience working on high volume e-commerce marketplaces, global SaaS companies, and large scale payments providers. We are based in Portland, OR and Chattanooga, TN but open to hiring anywhere within the US.