About marketfeed. (YC S21)
marketfeed is a Y Combinator-funded seed-stage startup. We help our users understand “what to trade,” which leads users to make a consistent monthly income from the stock market. We are a team of 40+, and our tech stack includes flutter, firebase, nodejs, react, and GCP. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer with 5+ years experience for our backend team.
- Build and maintain real-time backend systems.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Own up to committing and delivering features.
- Mentor and Grow backend team members.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Understand user feedback in making changes to the system.
- Work closely with product managers, analysts, designers and business executives.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and implementing scalable systems.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Exposure to design principles, design patterns, and system design.
- Experience with deployment and configuration of a testing and deployment pipeline.
- Working knowledge in Software Engineering practices, Object-Oriented programming, and CI/CD practices.
- Experience with databases like Firestore, Realtime Database, SQL, Redis, Bigquery etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in DDD & TDD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- This is a full-time on-site opportunity. We do have flexible timing and WFH options.
Why should you join marketfeed?
- You will directly impact user’s life and help them make money from the stock market.
- You get to learn trading from experts for free, developing a life skill for passive income.