Senior Product Manager at Maroo
About the role
About the team
We are building Maroo, the smartest way to pay for your wedding. Every year 1.5 million couples in the United States go into debt in order to pay for their weddings mainly using high-interest personal loans of credit cards. We believe there is a better way to start your married life that going into another pile of credit debt. Which is why we created Maroo.
Maroo offer couples 0% APR payment plans up to 24 months with embedded event cancellation insurance for every transaction processed with us. On a flip side, Maroo pays wedding professional a full amount of the contract within 1 business day, protects them from unfair chargebacks and help them to convert more browsing couples into actual customers.
We are backed by top global investors like Y Combinator, I2BF Global Ventures, Pioneer Fund, Acrobator Ventures and others. We are demonstrating a triple-digit growth and looking for top talents to join and help us build the first unicorn in the global weddings industry.
About the role
Product Manager will be a person who will shape the payment experience millions of couples in the United States will go through when thinking how to pay for the wedding day. From onboarding to credit assessment, to payments split and defining fair APR, to building budgets and adding contributors to it - you will own one of the most critical product scopes in the company.
What you'll be doing
- Reviewing the current UX and redesigning it where required
- Building a cohesive payments stack for Maroo
- Working with founders to define the holistic product overview and experience for Maroo clients
- Partner with Product Designer to realize all the creative product ideas you will come up with. Product Designer will be you daily buddy, sounding board and go to person so if you have a good professional experience with someone, do lets us/them know about the role
- Build dashboards, set performance KPIs and measurable targets to assess effectiveness of features and ideas (we are using Redash for that)
What you'll need to succeed
- Product management experience from 4+ years
- Previous experience in the fast-growing startups: we aim for 20x growth in the next 12 months
- Previous fintech experience: payments, neobanks, lending
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and data-driven mindset. SQL knowledge is preferred (open for you to learn it on the job)
What we are looking for
Maroo is being built by people with shared vision. We are looking for someone who is as ambitious as we are and who never accepts mediocrity. We want our clients to have the best experience they ever had with the tech product. We need self-driven and ambitious people who will tell us where to go and how to succeed in our vision. You will have full autonomy and ownership for your scope and your success story in Maroo will be fully in your hands, there are literally no limits for your growth here. If you are interested to surround yourself with a forward-thinking people - join Maroo.
- Salary up to $150,000 gross
- Equity to set you up for life
- Monthly wellness allowance (gym, dinners, books, classes, etc)
- National holidays and paid leave to make sure you don't burn out
Why you should join Maroo
Maroo is modernizing money for the weddings world.
We help couples pay for their weddings in the smartest way possible, while providing the businesses that power the industry with the access to financial services and tools they need to grow and thrive.
- Inclusiveness: we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive team
- Respect: we listen to one another and work as a team
- Transparency: we are open, honest and communicative
- Excellence: we are ambitious and we set the bar high