Senior Product Manager at Maroo
About the role
Intro from founder
Hi there 👋 Thanks for checking out this role, Im sure you have plenty of options to choose from, which is why we really appreciate your time going through our job posting.
I believe it will be awesome for you to consider our PM #1 role because we can offer:
- freedom and full ownership around the product (and opportunity to grow into a Head of Product faster 😉)
- no bureaucracy and corporate politics 🤢
- daily interaction with founders (in case you were interested to launch your own startup-up in few years) 🚀
- market salary, benefits and options 🤝
So in case you a top performing professional who is interested to dive into an exciting world of startups, continue reading - this role might be a really cool opportunity for ya 🙌
- As the first Product hire, you'll be taking ownership (from the CEO) of Maroo product roadmap. Having just raised our Seed you'll be working with a fast growing team of engineers to commercialize and enhance our platform
- Working with founders, design and a robust engineering team, you will be responsible for innovating and delivering our product development cycle
- Working with our customers to define and refine product features
- Iterating designs and prototypes with our UX/UI designer
- Creating specific user stories in Jira and defining our product roadmap
- Working in Agile/Scrum and maximizing the Jobs To Be Done framework
- Setting up regular product release cycles in alignment with company strategy
- Regularly triaging user bugs and prioritizing feature development
- Speaking to our users to take a user-centric approach, with regular customer interviews
- Defining metrics to measure product development success, product market fit, user satisfaction and presenting the ROI of problems/solutions
We want to be very transparent upfront on how your success will be measured:
- Product roadmap is prioritized, thought through, documented and maintained
- Bi-weekly scrums are logically structured and communicated to dev team
- Tasks and features are delivered on time
- New features requests are prioritized forming backlog
- Ensure 100% alignment between product and dev teams around tasks, timelines and deliverables
To be successful in this role, you'll need to be:
- Attentive to details
- Follow-through on commitments
- Organized and well planned
- Relevant work experience 5+ years
- Previous experience in fast-growing startups
- Previous fintech experience: payments, neobanks, lending
- Salary up to $200,000 gross
- Equity to set you up for life
- Monthly wellness allowance (gym, dinners, books, classes, etc)
- Health insurance
- 25 PTO days
What we are looking for
Maroo is being built by people with shared vision. We are looking for someone who is as ambitious as we are and who never accepts mediocrity. We want our clients to have the best experience they ever had with the tech product. We need self-driven and ambitious people who will tell us where to go and how to succeed in our vision. You will have full autonomy and ownership for your scope and your success story in Maroo will be fully in your hands, there are literally no limits for your growth here. If you are interested to surround yourself with a forward-thinking people - join Maroo.
Why you should join Maroo
Maroo is modernizing money for the weddings industry. Wedding is one of a major and most expensive lifetime events in individual’s life next to going to college, buying a first car, buying a house and having a child.
And while there’s been a lot of products and solutions built for those other events, wedding payment process today looks not much different to when your grandparents tied the knot - cash, checks, envelopes with tips, fragmented and all over the place.
We are disrupting this old-fashioned industry and bringing modern technology in place to change the way how millions of couples are paying for their big day.
We are backed by top global investors like Y Combinator, Pioneer Fund, I2BF Global Ventures, Acrobator Ventures and others. We are demonstrating a triple-digit growth and looking for top talents to join and help us build the first unicorn in the weddings industry.