Product Designer at Maroo
About the role
About the team
We are building Maroo, the smartest way to pay for your wedding. Every year 1.5 million couples in the United States go into debt in order to pay for their weddings mainly using high-interest personal loans of credit cards. We believe there is a better way to start your married life that going into another pile of credit debt. Which is why we created Maroo.
Maroo offer couples 0% APR payment plans up to 24 months with embedded event cancellation insurance for every transaction processed with us. On a flip side, Maroo pays wedding professional a full amount of the contract within 1 business day, protects them from unfair chargebacks and help them to convert more browsing couples into actual customers.
We are backed by top global investors like Y Combinator, I2BF Global Ventures, Pioneer Fund, Acrobator Ventures and others. We are demonstrating a triple-digit growth and looking for top talents to join and help us build the first unicorn in the global weddings industry.
About the role
Our product contains two distinctive environments - one is focused on wedding professionals (WPs) and how we are supporting their sales process and another is focused on the couple and their payment experience.
Product Designer (Business UI) will be a person who will develop the look for wedding pros experience with Maroo, its features and animations. From onboarding to first traction - you will own one of the most critical product scopes in the company.
What you'll be doing
- Reviewing the current design and developing a standard UI toolkit for the Business side of the product
- Collaborate with founders and product management team to define the holistic product overview and experience for Maroo clients on both sides
- Partner with Product Manager (Business) to realize all the creative product ideas you two will come up with. Product Manager (Business) will be you daily buddy, sounding board and go to person so if you have a good professional experience with someone, do lets us/them know about the role
What you'll need to succeed
- Product design experience from 4+ years
- Previous experience in the fast-growing startups: we aim for 20x growth in the next 12mo
- Previous experience developing SMB SaaS interfaces
- Strong agility and grit: we will turn over ideas within hours, so be prepared for rare 180º pivots
- Be ready to work at 80% good enough level: no need for perfectionism at this stage. The product should look solid but let's not go bananas and spend hours on pixel perfect
What we are looking for
Maroo is being built by people with shared vision. We are looking for someone who is as ambitious as we are and who never accepts mediocrity. We want our clients to have the best experience they ever had with the tech product. We need self-driven and ambitious people who will tell us where to go and how to succeed in our vision. You will have full autonomy and ownership for your scope and your success story in Maroo will be fully in your hands, there are literally no limits for your growth here. If you are interested to surround yourself with a forward-thinking people - join Maroo.
- Salary up to $125,000 gross
- Equity to set you up for life
- Monthly wellness allowance (gym, dinners, books, classes, etc)
- National holidays and paid leave to make sure you don't burn out
Why you should join Maroo
Maroo is modernizing money for the weddings world.
We help couples pay for their weddings in the smartest way possible, while providing the businesses that power the industry with the access to financial services and tools they need to grow and thrive.
- Inclusiveness: we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive team
- Respect: we listen to one another and work as a team
- Transparency: we are open, honest and communicative
- Excellence: we are ambitious and we set the bar high