Full-stack engineer at Maroo
About the role
Business: fintech, consumer lending
Market: $95B US wedding industry
Stage: ~$1M pre-seed, backed by Y Combinator, growing our engineering team to complete the product development and prepare for Seed round.
Weddings in the US are expensive. Average cost is around $40,000-$45,000 and approx 30% of that amount couples pay via credit cards or personal loans at 18-35% APR.
Here at Maroo we believe there should be a better way to start your married life than getting into another pile of credit debt. To solve this, we offer installment plans from 0% APR up to 24 months on all wedding expenses.
About the role
- We are looking for a talented Senior engineer with 3+ years of experience
- You have previously worked in a fast-paced company or a startup
- There is no legacy code — we are coding from scratch with the latest supported versions of libraries & frameworks
- Our stack: Typescript, Node.js 14+, Nest.js, React 17+, Postgresql 13, Google Cloud
- We rely on maximal reuse of already created code functionality (npm modules, external services like Auth0) and don’t recreate a bicycle
- There is no far-fetched coding rules, you can code in your favourite manner
Why you should join Maroo
We are building the smartest way to pay for your wedding.
We believe that 160 million US Millennials and Gen Z’ers expect that wedding financing and the planning process should be simpler and more intuitive.
Our couples benefit from 0% APR payment plans for up to 24 months and embedded wedding cancellation insurance. It’s payment flexibility and peace of mind.
- Inclusiveness: we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive team
- Respect: we listen to one another and work as a team
- Transparency: we are open, honest and communicative
- Excellence: we are ambitious and we set the bar high