Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer at Mashgin
About the role
- Developing, shipping, and maintaining front- and back-end code
- Developing the cloud infrastructure to sync and support our self-checkout kiosks.
- Developing the on-machine software that runs the kiosks and communicates with hardware components.
- Own and execute rapidly on new functionality throughout the technology stack including the computer vision piece.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing full-stack web applications
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience building production-ready code that’s used regularly by many people
- Good knowledge of a few of these languages: C++, Node.js, Go, C#, Java
- Comfortable learning new languages, libraries, and frameworks when the solution calls for it
- A good sense of design is ideal
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work on a small, multidisciplinary team with the potential to break new ground in many different industries.
- Location: a few minute walk from the San Antonio Caltrain station in Mountain View, across the street from the San Antonio shopping center.
- Food: free meals and snacks while at the office.
- Excellent health and dental insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Competitive salary and options in a small, rapidly scaling company.
Why you should join Mashgin
Mashgin builds self-checkout kiosks that use A.I. to scan multiple items without barcodes, reducing checkout time by 10x. We’re completely recreating the checkout experience in an industry that’s seen little innovation in decades. We are live in several locations across the country and processing 200k transactions monthly. We are growing fast. This tweet captures it best (https://twitter.com/ilyasu/status/1039333344452857856). (See also, Tigers vs. Mashgin: https://twitter.com/tigers/status/1034478219750191106)
We were part of YC W15 and have raised $11M+ from investors like Matrix Partners, KPCB, Venrock and more.