About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Come build an infrastructure company from scratch! Mason's core product is mobile infrastructure as a service ("mobile IaaS") — think elastic, customizable hardware + software + services.
Mason is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to partner closely with our engineering and product teams to build out the systems that power our products. This role is critical for not only our internal teams, but also for the success of our customers, who rely on Mason for many use cases: from digitizing clinical trials to improving warehouse efficiency to streamlining retail payments and more.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Collaborate with the team and assist with maintaining core systems and infrastructure used by all of Mason’s engineering teams
- Debug issues and performance problems across services and levels of the stack
- Contribute to improvements to our observability infrastructure
- Identify pain points of internal development teams and determine and implement solutions to streamline build processes
- Educate and communicate with internal teams through regular Devops office hours, documentation, and more
- Support teammates by participating in on-call rotation
What you bring to the table:
- 4+ years of professional Infrastructure/Devops/SRE experience
- Proven ability to thrive in ambiguous and dynamic work environments
- Command over at least one programming language (Python, JS/TS, Go, Java/Kotlin, Bash)
- Comfortable with full CI/CD workflows and tools such as GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Linux, Docker, AWS, Terraform, K9s, Datadog, Prometheus
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of H1B employment Visa at this time.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with hardware or physical devices
- Experience with AWS Security, RBAC, IaC
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.