Customer Support Engineer at Mason
About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Come build an infrastructure company from scratch!
Mason is looking for a Support Engineer to partner closely with our product, operations, and customer success teams to deliver an outstanding experience for our customers. In addition, this role will have an influential impact on improving our products, support infrastructure, knowledge base, and more. This role is critical for the success of our customers, who are using Mason for many use cases: from digitizing clinical trials to improving warehouse efficiency to streamlining retail payments and more. Mason's core product is mobile infrastructure as a service ("mobile IaaS") — think elastic, customizable hardware + software + services.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features, and services
- Provide technical support to customers, resolving issues within SLAs
- Identify and document product bugs and feature requests and work with internal teams as well as customers to implement effective solutions
- Work closely with software development engineers and product managers to improve our products and champion the voice of the customer
- Design and improve support infrastructure with our operations, customer success, sales, and product teams
- Drive the creation and evolution of the Mason knowledge base to educate customers. Work closely with internal teams on quality documentation
What you bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- Passionate about customer success and new technology
- Proven ability to thrive in ambiguous and dynamic work environments
- Basic scripting, programming, and coding
- Experience with one or more of the following operating systems: UNIX/Linux, Windows, macOS
- Technical deep dive, problem-solving, troubleshooting
- 5+ years of professional software development and technical support experience
- Familiarity with Android mobile devices and microservices
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with hardware or physical devices
- Experience with networking (WiFi, VPNs, etc.)
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.