Director of Operations at Mason
About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
Mason is looking for an operations leader to help achieve our mission of enabling our customers to build smart and sustainable products on behalf of humanity. This opportunity will have a direct impact on the success of our operations team and ability to scale as a company. We know that our ability to deliver an incredible experience relies heavily on our fulfillment centers. This team and role are taken extremely seriously throughout Mason.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!). Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you'll work on:
- Be a critical partner. Represent Mason as a key partner for our manufacturers, 3PLs, and vendors as well as customer operations teams. Work with the CEO on driving key investments in supply chain partnerships and building a network of ODMs and CMs.
- Grow and scale the team. Hire and develop Masons across manufacturing, logistics and fulfillment. Establish and track goals and success metrics, and help teams succeed.
- Establish key reporting. Work with product and sales to create, track, and report on key metrics showing our capacity, efficiency, and customer happiness. Focus on safety: Set clear goals for safety, customer experience and productivity, and successfully deliver on them.
- Build scale, at a high quality bar. Establish necessary procedures and processes to achieve operations quality at scale. Partner closely with the Head of Quality, Head of Customer Success, and Engineering stakeholders.
- Assess and predict. Identify new manufacturing technologies and recommend new equipment to enhance the production process or to reduce costs while maintaining accurate production control, and frequently reporting inventory data. Build systems to handle varying capacity and time-sensitive requests.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing, fulfillment centers, or related functions, with a minimum of 7 years in team building and management
- Data-driven, analytical and ruthless prioritizing
- Experience working on smart hardware development, manufacturing, and distribution at scale
- You like thinking about complex problems and geek out on getting the numbers to work
- Love diving into technical challenges and getting your hands on shiny new hardware
- A player-coach with high empathy and energy for working to build a global diverse team
- Self-starter attitude and enthusiasm for working in a hyper fast-paced, growing startup environment
Bonus points for:
- Supply Chain experience
- Delivering millions of units and going through end of life product cycles
- Demonstrated success in building and scaling a global operations team with a diverse background
Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees and their dependents with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.