Full Stack Software Engineer
About the role
Mason is transforming mobile deployments the same way AWS transformed website development, making it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to create a beautifully efficient world connected by billions of devices to work on behalf of humanity.
We're looking for the right person to join our close-knit team and help take our foundational product and business to the next level. Mason's core product is mobile infrastructure as a service ("mobile IaaS") -- think elastic, customizable hardware + software + services.
Mason is looking for a complex combination of grit, smarts, ingenuity and diverse perspectives (and more!) Check out our values and see if they resonate!
What you’ll work on:
- Create and enhance web services to spec, build or enhance data models, work with distributed storage, expand our eventing and messaging, etc.
- Build APIs to enhance both the internal and external functionality available via the Mason Platform
- Collaborate with senior engineers on projects of increasing scope and enhance your understanding of backend architecture, patterns and practices
- Interact with product managers to develop and clarify requirements, and ensure features are built to spec
- Write design one-pagers, drive and participate in design reviews, perform peer code reviews
- Build and maintain test automation where appropriate
- Write public-facing documentation for new features and APIs for customers
- Collaborate effectively with designers and front-end engineers to deliver new UI features to spec
- Participate in a culture of always be shipping
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Solid understanding of at least one backend-oriented programming language, and possibly a related web services stack
- Experience writing and automating tests
- A college degree with relevant coursework in computer science, or equivalent professional experience
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time
- Healthcare: Full healthcare benefits for Mason employees with competitive vision, dental, and medical insurance
- Transportation: Monthly reimbursement for your commuter needs to get to and from work
- Fitness & wellness: Monthly reimbursement for fitness classes or gym memberships (and currently, anything that makes you feel sane during our COVID crisis. i.e. gardening tools, donations to your favorite charities, books, you name it)
- Generous PTO & sick leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a minimum of 24 PTO days, including paid company holidays
- Parental leave: Caring for a newborn is an exciting time for parents! We offer four months of paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office: Mason pups are welcome in the office 3x per week (though most teams work remotely at present)
- And more!
Why you should join Mason
Mason is elastic mobile infrastructure -- like AWS but for hardware-oriented services. Our mission is to help anyone turn ideas into smart products. We're the only all-in-one solution that gives companies turn-key control over the entire mobile stack, including the hardware, operating system, and management of devices.